Dean & Margaret Lesher Foundation Grants
Dean & Margaret Lesher Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $100,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program, Capital Project, General Operating Expense
Location of project: Contra Costa County, California
Location of residency: CaliforniaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Foundation is dedicated to improving the quality of life in Contra Costa County through educational and cultural endeavors and to support children and strengthen families.
The Foundation has an established interest in funding programs or projects in the areas of:
- visual and performing arts
- children and families
- With some exceptions, grant awards will emphasize current or past grantees.
- Grant awards will generally comprise no more than 25% of any nonprofit’s total budget.
- The foundation will consider capital grant applications from current or past grantees only. All capital grant proposals must begin with a letter of inquiry.
The Foundation does not assume an obligation for permanent support of any activity. It will, however, consider grants for multiple years when the goals of a project require further support. The Foundation will not consider full proposals from any organization more frequently than once every twelve months. All new grant applications must be preceded by a Letter of Inquiry.
Grant Request Types
The Foundation defines grant request types as follows:
Program Support – restricted funding that would be used to support a new or existing program or service. The program will generally be offered from year to year, and lead by experienced staff that is trained and qualified to lead the program. Preference is given to proposals that provide a program or service directly to intended recipients.
Project Specific – restricted funding to help purchase, acquire, or develop a specific project. The Foundation may also consider requests to support a capital campaign under this request type. Applicants should establish the project start and end dates prior to submitting a request, and ensure these dates will fall after the date the Foundation will announce its grant decision for the grant cycle.
General Operating Support – Funding is unrestricted as to use. The Foundation will seek to understand the applicant organization in terms of purpose, strength and demonstrated ability to successfully deliver programs and community impact.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Foundation will make grants only to organizations that are exempt from federal tax under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and are not classified as private foundations under section 509(a) of the Code.
- Geographical-limitations: Grants are limited to qualified nonprofit organizations located in or directly serving residents of Contra Costa County, California.
- The Foundation does not generally provide support for:
- grants to individuals, conferences, travel costs, or loans
- environmental and open space issues
- grants for start-up organizations
- health care issues
- general fund drives, fundraising events, annual appeals or endowments
- debt retirement or deficits
- organizations in support of activities to influence legislation
- other foundations
- The Foundation does not assume an obligation for permanent support of any activity.
- It will, however, consider grants for multiple years when the goals of a project require further support.
- The Foundation will not consider full proposals from any organization more frequently than once every twelve months.
- All new grant applications must be preceded by a Letter of Inquiry.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Dean & Margaret Lesher Foundation Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.