Dean Witter Foundation Grant
The Dean Witter Foundation
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Research, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Colorado, Oregon, Washington
Location of residency: Colorado, Oregon, WashingtonView website Save Need help writing this grant?
NOTE: The Foundation's focus has recently shifted from Northern California to organizations in Colorado and the Pacific Northwest; their website has not yet been updated to reflect this change. Grants will be accepted by invitation only.
The Dean Witter Foundation, established in 1952, is a private foundation incorporated under California law.
- Leadership: Programs to support passionate and committed educational leaders to launch new and innovative initiatives to help students reach their full potential.
- Effective Education: Programs that are proven to measurably improve student learning.
- Literacy: Programs to achieve and inspire proficiency and excellence in reading and writing.
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math (STEAM): Programs to encourage students to increase their aptitude in STEAM and excite young leaners to explore careers in science and engineering.
- Graduation Rate: Programs to improve high school graduation rates and college and work readiness of all students.
- Restoration: Programs to protect, restore, and manage critical ecosystems, lands, and habitats.
- Water: Programs to meet current and future water needs to protect wildlife habitat.
- Environmental Education: Programs to expose youth to the natural world and outdoor education.
- Volunteers: Programs to engage volunteers in conservation and stewardship.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Foundation accepts grant proposals from tax-exempt charitable institutions as defined under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code on a continuing basis.
- The Foundations supports organizations based in Northern California.
- The Foundation prefers to award matching or challenge grants and to leverage its support with funding from other sources.
- The Foundation does not accept unsolicited proposals for projects outside of Northern California.
- The Foundation does not:
- Accept funding requests from individuals or awards loans, scholarships and grants to specific individuals.
- Assume any obligation to provide continuing support to grantee programs.
- Make grants for annual fundraising events, operating deficits, and capital campaigns.
- Support sectarian religious activities or sectarian religious facilities.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Dean Witter Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.