NSF-NIST Interaction in Basic and Applied Scientific Research in BIO, ENG & MPS - Supplemental Requests
National Science Foundation (NSF)
Grant amount: Up to US $25,000
Applicant type: Faculty
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The National Science Foundation (NSF) and National Institute of
Standards and Technology (NIST) have shared interests in a variety of
basic and applied scientific and engineering fields. This program is
designed to facilitate collaborative research and educational
activities between NIST scientific and engineering staff and
researchers supported by NSF. Support may be requested through use of
supplemental funding requests to existing NSF awards for travel
expenses and per diem associated with work on-site at NIST for
NSF-supported PIs, co-PIs, post-doctoral scholars, undergraduate and
graduate students and other personnel associated with the NSF-NIST
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- PIs on current NSF awards from the participating divisions noted below are eligible to submit supplemental funding requests.
- Directorate for Biological Sciences
- Directorate for Engineering
- Division of Chemical, Bioengineering, Environmental, and Transport Systems (CBET)
- Division of Civil, Mechanical and Manufacturing Innovation (CMMI)
- Division of Electrical, Communications and Cyber Systems (ECCS)
- Engineering Education and Centers (EEC)
- Division of Industrial Innovation and Partnerships (IIP)
- Directorate for Mathematical & Physical Sciences
- The supplemental funding request may only include travel and per diem costs associated with collaborative work at NIST.
- Support may be requested for any NSF-supported project participants (PIs, co-PIs, post-doctoral scholar, undergraduate and graduate students, and other personnel) associated with the joint NSF-NIST activity, but NSF funds will not be provided for NIST employees.
- Before submitting a supplement request to this program, PIs are
strongly encouraged to consult the Program Director for their current
- NSF funds will not be provided for NIST employees.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the NSF-NIST Interaction in Basic and Applied Scientific Research in BIO, ENG & MPS - Supplemental Requests by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.