Delaware County Foundation: Community Grants
Delaware County Foundation
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $10,000
Anticipated deadline: Aug 15, 2019 8:59pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Delaware County, Ohio
Location of residency: Delaware County, OhioView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Delaware County Foundation strengthens our communities by connecting people through charitable giving. The Delaware County Foundation was established in December 1995, to enhance the quality of life for county residents. It currently manages more than $9.2 million for charitable purposes. In fifteen years, the Foundation has awarded over $5.8 million in grants and scholarships.
Through its endowment and new gifts, the Foundation responds to the growing needs of Ashley, Delaware, Galena, Lewis Center, Ostrander, Radnor, Powell, Sunbury, as well as other areas of the county. The result is improving the quality of life for those who live and work in Delaware County. We are stewards of charitable funds entrusted to us by those who want to give back to the community and who want to build a permanent endowment for the future.
Given the small number of grants and amounts awarded, the Delaware County Foundation prefers to fund projects or programs where our dollars can make a lasting impact and where a grant can attract additional financial support for nonprofit organizations.
Grants range from $1,000 to $10,000. If significant needs are demonstrated, exceptions might be considered.
In special circumstances, the Foundation considers applications for general operating support. Grants from the community grants program are usually not for staff positions.
Grants can be used for financial assistance such as transportation, program fees for participants, funds for job readiness, etc. These requests are considered for financial assistance and should not be requested as scholarships.
Grants are made possible as a result of donations to the Foundation by individuals, families and businesses wishing to give back to the community.
EXAMPLES OF WHAT IS FUNDED:
- Arts: Arts education, volunteerism, financial capacity building, efforts to involve broad segments of the community in the arts;
- Civic Affairs: Community development and promotion;
- Economic Development;
- Education: Readiness for school, special student needs, excellence, real world applications;
- Environment: Education, stewardship/protection;
- Health: Prevention, health and wellness, access to care;
- Social Services: Encouragement of personal responsibility, and positive, long-term solutions to individual and community problems/needs.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Who is eligible to apply
- A 501(c)3 nonprofit organization or a government agency,
- Must serve residents of DELAWARE COUNTY (OH)
- Generally, grants are not made for:
- Special fundraising events;
- Employee salaries;
- Deficit reduction;
- Political or legislative groups;
- Religious purposes;
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Delaware County Foundation: Community Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.