Delaware COVID-19 Strategic Response Fund
Delaware Community FoundationSuggest an update
Next deadline: Jun 1, 2020 9:00am PDT
Later deadlines: Jun 15, 2020 9:00am PDT
Grant amount: Up to US $50,000
Fields of work: Health Care Access & Delivery Basic Human Needs Disaster Relief / Humanitarian Aid
Applicant type: Nonprofit, Indigenous Group, Government Entity
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project: Delaware
Location of residency: DelawareView website Save
About this funder:
About the Fund
The Delaware COVID-19 Strategic Response Fund targets emerging and evolving needs of the state’s most-impacted communities, for the longer term needs of our community.
The Delaware COVID-19 Strategic Response Fund is part of the Delaware COVID-19 Emergency Response Initiative, a nonprofit collaborative response to the 2020 coronavirus pandemic. Delaware Alliance for Nonprofit Advancement (DANA), Delaware Community Foundation (DCF), Philanthropy Delaware (PD) and United Way of Delaware (UWDE) are partnering to coordinate charitable resources to maximize impact statewide during this crisis.
Grants from the Strategic Response Fund, housed at the DCF, will be coordinated with grants from UWDE’s Delaware Does More: COVID-19 Rapid Response Fund, which focuses on more immediate needs.
The maximum award will be $50,000.
Organizations that are currently providing services or preparing to relaunch activity after pandemic-related hiatus are invited to apply.
Over time, we strive to provide funding in three broad areas related to the effects of COVID-19:
- Front-Line Grants to fund nonprofits encountering increased demand for services due to COVID-19. This includes services to people who are financially vulnerable, homeless and facing health challenges.
- Service-Challenged Grants to fund nonprofits that need assistance modifying their service delivery models extremely rapidly due to COVID-19.
- Collateral Damage Grants to fund nonprofits facing extreme difficulty because of lost revenue due to closures, cancellations and other challenges related to COVID-19.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Delaware COVID-19 Strategic Response Fund is structured to help Delaware-serving 501(c)3 organizations address a broad range of community needs.
- An organization is eligible only if it is a 501(c)3 organization that is a public charity, church or government agency directly servicing the public.
- Target applicants are nonprofit organizations with deep roots in the community and a strong track record of serving people who are immediately and disproportionately suffering from the crisis.
- The Strategic Response Fund will generally not consider proposals to fund:
- Grants directly to individuals.
- Political campaigns or lobbying activities.
- Projects that exclusively serve religious purposes, although religious organizations providing non-religious community services will be considered.