Deluxe Corporation Foundation Grants - Western States: Economic Empowerment and Crisis & United Way Grants
Deluxe Corporation Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $250,000
Anticipated deadline: May 15, 2019
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in California: Alameda County, Los Angeles County, San Francisco County, El Paso County, Colorado, Wyandotte County, Kansas, Counties in Missouri: Cass County, Clay County, Jackson County, Nodaway County, Platte County, Counties in Texas: Collin County, Dallas County, Denton County, Kaufman County, Rockwall County, Salt Lake County, Utah Expand all
Location of residency: California, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Texas, Utah Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About the Foundation
The Deluxe Corporation Foundation focuses on long-term solutions that help people, businesses and communities thrive and grow. Since 1954, the Foundation has awarded $105 million to charitable organizations, including more than $2.2 million in 2016.
In every grant the Foundation awards, we seek to bring meaningful, lasting change to communities across the country. Our grants have empowered Americans to understand the basics of entrepreneurship, foster relationship with theaters and help communities ease the burden during a time of crisis.
Grant Focus Areas
Building strength in communities of all sizes means awarding grants that improve access to economic empowerment, job-skills training, the arts and more. The Deluxe Corporation Foundation focuses on issuing grants in several key areas listed below. In order for a nonprofit organization to qualify for a grant, its primary mission must mirror that of the Foundation and meet other criteria.
The Deluxe Corporation believes that the best way to build strong economies is through championing entrepreneurship and educating citizens on the importance of small business in our communities.
Focus areas are:
- Job skills and placement
- Business education
- Financial literacy
- Tutoring programs
Crisis & United Way
We’re proud to support organizations and communities across the country that help Americans get back on their feet during times of crisis, from the American Red Cross to local food shelves. Examples include our partnership with the Red Cross for emergency response and counseling services for people in crisis.
Focus areas are:
- Red Cross partnership
- Food shelves
- Domestic abuse
View grant page for Arts grants here.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Deluxe Corporation Foundation accepts grant proposals from nonprofit organizations that meet the following criteria:
- Have a primary mission that meets one of our grant focus areas
- Serve the general communities in which Deluxe facilities are located
- California (Antelope Valley, Oakland, San Francisco, Los Angeles)
- Colorado (Colorado Springs)
- Kansas (Kansas City)
- Missouri (Kansas City, Maryville)
- Texas (Dallas)
- Utah (Salt Lake City)
- Have obtained tax-exempt status under section 501(c)(3) or 509(a)(1), (2), or (3)
- Have secured support from other corporate donors
- The below list includes examples of what the Deluxe Corporation Foundation does NOT fund:
- Organizations without 501(c)(3) tax-exemption determination letters
- Sponsorships (e.g., events, conferences, fundraisers)
- Political organizations or projects
- Lobbying efforts
- Fraternal organizations
- Religious programs
- Travel expenses
- Start-up programs
- Athletic or recreational programs
- Civic organizations
- Health, including: hospitals, patient care, specific health issues
- Pre-K – 12 schools
- Colleges/Universities (request for proposal only)
- Animal rescue programs
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Deluxe Corporation Foundation Grants - Western States: Economic Empowerment and Crisis & United Way Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.