Carnegie Corporation of New York
Grant amount: Up to US $6,500,000
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
To foster a pluralistic, vibrant democracy through the civic integration of immigrants, support for nonpartisan voter registration and education, and voting rights.
- Through support for state and local groups aiding immigrant communities
- Informing the immigration reform debate and providing messaging for communities
- Improving federal and state policies regarding immigration and civic integration
- Encouraging legal residents to become American citizens and informed voters.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Corporation awards the majority of its grants to support public agencies, universities, and public charities that are tax exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code or their equivalent.
- Must be requesting funds for state-based work.
- Carnegie Corporation of New York rarely funds, or is prohibited from funding, the following:
- Endowments, buildings or fundraising drives, including fundraising dinners
- Political campaigns, to support political activities or to lobby for or against particular pieces of legislation
- Existing deficits
- Churches or other religious organizations
- The following are ineligible:
- Requesting funds to provide direct services (legal aid, civic classes, other social services, etc.)
- Requesting funds for production costs related to a documentary film
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Democracy Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.