Dennis & Phyllis Washington Foundation Grants
Dennis & Phyllis Washington FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $100,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Canada, France, Singapore, South Africa, Switzerland, Montana, Pulaski County, Arkansas, Los Angeles County, California, Counties in Colorado: Adams County, Jefferson County, Mesa County, New Castle County, Delaware, Richmond County, Georgia, Counties in Idaho: Ada County, Bannock County, Jerome County, Counties in Illinois: Madison County, Sangamon County, St. Clair County, Porter County, Indiana, Calhoun County, Michigan, Lancaster County, Nebraska, Counties in Oregon: Lane County, Multnomah County, Hamilton County, Tennessee, Harris County, Texas, Counties in Washington: Benton County, King County, Spokane County, Thurston County Show all
Location of residency: Montana, Pulaski County, Arkansas, Los Angeles County, California, Counties in Colorado: Adams County, Jefferson County, Mesa County, New Castle County, Delaware, Richmond County, Georgia, Counties in Idaho: Ada County, Bannock County, Jerome County, Counties in Illinois: Hamilton County, Madison County, Sangamon County, St. Clair County, Porter County, Indiana, Calhoun County, Michigan, Lancaster County, Nebraska, Richmond County, New York, Counties in Oregon: Lane County, Multnomah County, Hamilton County, Tennessee, Harris County, Texas, Counties in Washington: Benton County, King County, Spokane County, Thurston County Show allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Dennis and Phyllis Washington Foundation funds direct service non-profit organizations that help improve the quality of people’s lives by providing them with the tools they need to succeed. Since its inception in 1988, it has funded programs for those with special needs, summer camps for cancer-stricken or troubled children and ensured access to theater, arts and music programs by economically disadvantaged youth and their families. It has granted wishes for terminally ill children, awards for science and math fair winners, and funded programs to purchase clothing, school supplies and toys for needy children. The Foundation also has supported rescue missions, food banks, shelters for victims of domestic violence, free mammogram exams for low-income women, and dental screenings and preventive care for underprivileged youth.
When deciding to award a grant, we examine each organization’s short and long term financial stability, operational readiness, staffing and facility infrastructure. Additionally, we assess the ability of an organization to sustain a program into the future and their ability to show a measurable impact on the population they serve.
Our Four Main Focus:
The Dennis and Phyllis Washington Foundation funds organizations that have accurately identified needs consistent with our mission and scope and who have successfully worked to provide programs and services that give youth and economically and socially disadvantaged individuals, families and those with special needs the tools they need to succeed in life.
Education taps the immeasurable potential of the mind. Reaching children through early childhood education, after-school learning programs, post-secondary and graduate scholarships help our young people get the start they deserve. Providing higher education scholarships and funding educational programs helps build a strong educational foundation for future leaders.
Health and Human Services ensures the vitality of the human body and spirit. We target programs that ensure access to basic health care services to the most vulnerable members of our communities, as well as programs that educate our youth about wellness, nutrition, exercise and healthy lifestyles. We also support experiential programs that offer disabled or disadvantaged people opportunities they may not have otherwise.
Arts and Culture represents the innovation and creativity of a society. Through cultural endeavors we help bring people together to share their creative talents, intellects, passions, customs and bold initiatives to explore new ways of doing things. In the areas of theatre, art, and music the Foundation grants have helped organizations reach a broader audience, infused new life into programs and created long-lasting cultural traditions within our communities.
Community Service touches the lives of everyone where they work, play and live. Despite our individual differences, we are linked by common interests to do more for the places we call home. The Foundation invests in organizations that fortify this connection. When everyone is involved one way or another in the improvement of their community, the community progresses in a positive direction.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must be:
- A charitable, nonprofit entity, not a private foundation, with tax exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code, and where appropriate, under Section 170 (c).
- Non-profit organizations applying for support must have the appropriate IRS documentation at the time a full application is submitted.
- Organizations applying for support for programs that can be categorized in one of the following four areas of giving: Education, Health and Human Services, Arts and Culture, Community Service.
- Geographically, the Foundation primarily serves our operating areas within the State of Montana and select communities in states where The Washington Companies are located.
- Grants denied cannot be resubmitted in the same calendar year without the prior authorization of the Executive Director of the Dennis and Phyllis Washington Foundation.
- The Foundation places particular emphasis on those organizations and programs that provide a direct service to economically and socially disadvantaged individuals and families, at-risk or troubled youth, and individuals with special needs.
- Preference is given to applicants who are able to demonstrate that a majority, if not all, of Foundation funds will be used for direct services. The Foundation prefers giving to organizations with low administrative costs.
- The Dennis and Phyllis Washington Foundation prefers that organizations show evidence of substantial financial support from their community, constituency groups or other funding sources prior to applying.
- Applications will not be considered for the following organizations or purposes:
- To discriminate against any person because of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, veteran or current or future military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or marital status.
- To fund loans, debt retirement or operational deficits.
- To individuals, unless under an approved educational scholarship program.
- To sectarian or religious organizations for religious purposes where the principal activity is for the benefit of their own members or adherents.
- To fraternal organizations or civic organizations.
- For travel expenses or trips.
- For the purpose of producing films including, but not limited to, development of the initial idea or story, commission, shooting, editing, production, and screening.
- To fund graduation, senior, or end of year school events or parties.
- To fund club, student capstone, or senior projects.
- To fund youth sports programs or sports complexes/facilities.
- To fund overhead or indirect costs not directly related to the implementation of a grant.
- To private and public foundations or for an endowment fund.
- To most capital and equipment campaigns.
- For curriculum development or operational costs of public educational institutions or other tax-supported groups.
- For sponsorships of one-time events such as an annual gala or fundraising event.
- For advertising or marketing costs.
- For political action or legislative advocacy groups or influencing elections.
- To organizations acting on behalf of, but without the authority of, qualified tax-exempt organizations.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Dennis & Phyllis Washington Foundation Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.