Research, Education & Conservation Grant
Denver Field OrnithologistsSuggest an update
Grant amount: Approximately US $2,000
Anticipated deadline: Feb 1, 2021
Applicant type: Organizations Individuals
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Research
Location of project: Preferred: Colorado Other eligible locations: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
This fund provides grants for projects that encourage the study, appreciation, and preservation of both birds and their habitats. Grants are accepted to perform research, conduct educational initiatives, and encourage conservation of critical habitats.
Examples of recent research grants are the study of Eastern Screech-Owl habitat, Flammulated Owl migration, the Black Swift life cycle, and the effect of grazing practices on bird breeding sites.
Examples of educational grants are those to promote youth to begin bird observation by scholarships to birding camp or by purchasing binoculars or 2-way radios for such camps.
Conservation grants have been given recently for restoration work at Last Chance on the eastern plains and at Dodd Reservoir near Boulder.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The DFO Research, Education, and Conservation Fund provides grants for projects in three areas:
- education supporting knowledge of birds,
- research in ornithology, and
- conservation of birds and their habitat.
- For multiyear projects we will fund only one year at a time.
- Priority will be given to grants that help fulfill the Mission Statement both in content and in the geographic location of the grant.
- Priority in funding is first the metropolitan area of Denver, then the Front Range, followed by Colorado and the entire United States.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Research, Education & Conservation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.