COVID Arts & Culture Relief Fund Grant
The Denver FoundationSuggest an update
Deadline: Jan 27, 2021 4:00pm PST
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $50,000
Fields of work: Art & Culture
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Colorado: Adams County, Arapahoe County, Boulder County, Broomfield County, Denver County, Douglas County, Jefferson County Show all
Location of residency: Counties in Colorado: Adams County, Arapahoe County, Boulder County, Broomfield County, Denver County, Douglas County, Jefferson County Show allView website Save
About this funder:
A partnership between The Denver Foundation and the Bonfils-Stanton Foundation, the COVID-19 Arts & Culture Relief Fund is designed to offset lost revenue arts organizations in Metro Denver face due to the impact of COVID-19.
The fund will help ensure organizations are able to maintain staff, artist engagement, and minimal operations while planning for future sustainability. Primary mission is to present arts and culture programming to the public.
- Priority will be given to organizations that engage and support diverse communities, particularly those that have been and remain financially vulnerable.
- Priority will be given to organizations that offer substantial public benefit through free/discounted admissions/ticketing, scholarships, and engagement to traditionally marginalized communities.
- Priority will be given to organizations with limited or no access to other relief funds, limited or no endowments, and/or limited or no cash reserves.
Allowable Use of Funds
Funds may be used for costs associated with sustaining operations, retaining employees and artists, rent, and other expenses. These should focus on new and emergency circumstances, particularly those that respond to the need for social distancing, isolation, and quarantine.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- 501c3 in good standing or fiscally sponsored organizations with a strong track record of programming and community service are eligible to apply.
- • Must have demonstrated sustained cultural offerings for a minimum of two years.
- Geographic Focus
- Seven-county Denver Metropolitan region
- Ineligible Use of Funds
- Reduction of accumulated debt prior to COVID-19
- Purchase of major equipment
- Stand-alone one-time festivals, conferences,or events
- Independent projects, films, and publications
- Programs offered as part of a larger institution (college, medical center etc.)
- Religious affiliation