DFC: Conservation Grants
Desert Fishes Council
Grant amount: Up to US $1,000
Deadline: Apr 1, 2018 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Individuals
Funding uses: Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Desert Fishes Council (DFC) Conservation Grants Program has been established to support projects that contribute to preserving the biological integrity of aquatic ecosystems and their associated life forms in arid regions, in accordance with the mission of the Council. Projects can include direct conservation activities, research, outreach, or equipment needed for these activities. Multiple grants may be awarded annually in amounts of up to $1,000. Larger grants may be considered under special circumstances.
Recipients are expected to present a paper at the annual DFC meeting on the project in which the funds are used. DFC support should be recognized in all resulting publications and presentations. Proposals should be submitted by April 1 and decisions will be made by May 1. If there is an immediate need for funding outside of this time period, contact the Member-at-Large and we may be able to consider your request, pending available funds.
Selection criteria will include:
- applicability to the DFC mission,
- benefit to subject species,
- status of subject species,
- potential for long-term beneficial impacts,
- probability of success,
- applicant credentials and career stage,
- availability of alternative funding sources, and
- significance of the funding to applicant/project
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- This grant is awarded to individuals.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Grants will be awarded only to DFC members in good standing.
- This grant is awarded to individuals, not institutions, and cannot be used to pay for salary, food, water, or other routine personnel support.
- DFC does not cover overhead.
- Members of the current selection committee and their dependents/students are not eligible for grants.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the DFC: Conservation Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.