DFC: Conservation Grants
Desert Fishes CouncilSuggest an update
Deadline: Jan 31, 2021
Grant amount: Up to US $1,000
Fields of work: Ichthyology (Fish)
Applicant type: Individuals
Funding uses: Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save
About this funder:
NOTE: Proposals should be submitted by the deadline above and decisions will be made by March 31. Proposals may be submitted after this period, however awards will depend on availability of funds.
The Desert Fishes Council (DFC) Conservation Grants Program has been established to support projects that contribute to preserving the biological integrity of aquatic ecosystems and their associated life forms in arid regions, in accordance with the mission of the Council. Projects can include direct conservation activities, research, outreach, or equipment needed for these activities. Grant funds are dependent on annual interest available from the DFC Conservation Account, distribution of General Funds and donations. Multiple grants may be awarded annually in amounts of up to $1,000. Larger grants may be considered under special circumstances.
Recipients are expected to present a paper at an annual DFC symposium on the project in which the funds are used. DFC support should be recognized in publications and presentations.
Selection criteria will include:
- applicability to the DFC mission,
- benefit to subject species,
- status of subject species,
- potential for long-term beneficial impacts,
- probability of success,
- applicant credentials and career stage,
- availability of alternative funding sources, and
- significance of the funding to applicant/project
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants may be awarded individually only to DFC members in good standing.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Grants will be awarded only to DFC members in good standing.
- This grant is not intended to pay for salary.
- DFC does not cover overhead.
- Members of the current selection committee and their dependents/students are not eligible for grants.