Desk and Derrick Educational Trust Scholarship
Desk and Derrick Educational TrustSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $1,500
Deadline: Apr 1, 2020
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Canada, United States
Location of citizenship: Canada, United States
Minimum GPA: 3.2View website Save
About this funder:
Desk and Derrick Educational Trust (ET)
The Desk and Derrick Educational Trust (ET) was created in 1982 by the Association of Desk and Derrick Clubs (ADDC) for the purpose of awarding annual scholarships to students attending accredited colleges and universities offering degrees in geology, chemical and petroleum engineering.
Since its inception in 1982, ET’s mission remains unchanged to build the future of the petroleum, energy and allied industries through scholarships while meeting the support and trust of Desk and Derrick members and industry donors.
The Association of Desk and Derrick Clubs created the Desk and Derrick Educational Trust in 1982 for the purpose of awarding scholarships to students who have completed two years of undergraduate study while maintaining a 3.2 cumulative grade point average and demonstrating definite financial need.
Scholarships are offered through accredited colleges and universities offering degrees in subjects within the scope of the organization’s purpose. Awards will be made annually to full time students as well as Desk and Derrick members who are part time students. Upon achievement of their goals, recipients of these scholarships are encouraged to remember the Educational Trust with future donations to aid others.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be eligible for a scholarship to assist with tuition and books from the Desk and Derrick Educational Trust, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Complete at least two years or are currently enrolled in the second year of undergraduate study at an accredited college or university
- Maintain a grade point average of 3.2 or above on a 4.0 grading system
- Must maintain a full course load each semester
- Demonstrate need for financial assistance in pursuing a college degree
- Be a citizen of the United States or Canada
- Plan a career in the petroleum, energy or allied industry, or research and development of alternative fuels such as coal, electric, solar, wind hydroelectric, nuclear, and ethanol
- Applicants must be pursuing a degree in a major field of study related to the petroleum, energy or allied industries with the objective of qualifying for full time employment in the sector. Such majors as geology, geophysics, petroleum engineering, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, nuclear engineering and energy management qualify for purposes of this scholarship.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Desk and Derrick Educational Trust Scholarship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.