Devils Lake Area Foundation Grant
Devils Lake Area FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $21,495
Next anticipated deadline: May 31, 2019 2:30pm PDT
Later anticipated deadlines: Nov 30, 2019 2:30pm PST
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Research, Applied Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Preferred: Ramsey County, North Dakota Other eligible locations: Counties in North Dakota: Benson County, Nelson County, Ramsey County
Location of residency: Preferred: Ramsey County, North Dakota Other eligible locations: Counties in North Dakota: Benson County, Nelson County, Ramsey CountyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
DLAF is a non-profit, tax-exempt trust. It was formed in 1975 by the Community Development Corporation of Devils Lake, to provide a method for philanthropy. The income from this Foundation must be used for charitable, religious, education, scientific or literary purposes in the Devils Lake Area. It is a permanent endowment fund which means the principal (contributions) remain invested and only the income is distributed.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Who is eligible?
- Nonprofit organizations that are exempt from federal income tax under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and are located in the Devils Lake Area.
- Primarily within the Devils Lake Area. May include activities in adjoining communities or counties, but preference for the Devils Lake Area.
- What kinds of programs does DLAF fund?
- Concrete items such as:
- Educational/teaching material such as books and videos
- Equipment for above programs (computers, stoves, fridges, shelves, daycare learning toys, etc)
- Music - instruments, stands, chairs
- Building improvements that will be completed in 6 months
- Who is not eligible for Foundation Support?
- Organizations that have not submitted proof of use form from previous DLAF grants
- Organizations not otherwise self-supporting
- Benefiting private shareholder or individuals
- To fund propaganda, or otherwise attempting to influence legislation
- Organizations participating in or intervening any political campaign on behalf of or in opposition to any candidate for public office
- What kind of programs are not supported by DLAF funds?
- Operational Expenses including wages, guest speakers
- Start up programs/costs
- Travel expenses
- Scholarships payable to individuals
- Projects exceeding 6 months to complete
- Prohibited or restricted purposes
- Lobbying or influencing legislation
- Political campaigns
- Too narrow class of beneficiaries
- Grants to individuals
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Devils Lake Area Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.