Maureen Turner Bursaries
Devon Gardens Trust
Grant amount: Up to £800
Anticipated deadline: Aug 9, 2018
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Graduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: United Kingdom
Location of residency: United KingdomView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Devon Gardens Trust (DGT) is an active charitable company which aims to:
- promote the education of the public on matters connected with the arts and sciences of garden land;
- preserve, enhance and re-create for education and enjoyment of the public whatever garden land may exist in and around the county of Devon.
Devon Gardens Trust offers a limited number of bursaries of up to a maximum of £800 each to help students normally resident in the County who wish to register on a course at a recognised educational establishment which contains a significant component compatible with the Aims and Objectives of the Trust. Details of these can be obtained on request, but essentially involve studies or research connected with parks, gardens or designed landscapes. The course must be accredited by a body such as the Royal Horticultural Society (RHS), City and Guilds, BTEC (EdExcel), International Accreditation and Recognition Council (IARC) and the Open Distance Learning Quality Council (ODLQC).
The bursaries are intended to assist prospective students who would not be able to afford to accept a place on the chosen course.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applications are welcomed from either full-time or part-time students, and studies may be undertaken anywhere within the United Kingdom.
- Applications for support for overseas studies will only be considered in exceptional circumstances.
- Applicants will be expected to be able to justify their need to apply for a bursary.
- Priority will be given to applicants who have not previously received a bursary from the Devon Gardens Trust.
- Accommodation and other living expenses will not be supported.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Maureen Turner Bursaries by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.