DEW Foundation Grant
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Next anticipated deadline: Aug 1, 2019 (Letter of inquiry)
Later anticipated deadlines: Sep 15, 2019 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The DEW Foundation joins hands with charitable organizations worldwide, promoting the common good through the passion, financial contributions and personal involvement of our family members.
What does this mean?
We believe effective charitable organizations will couple organization, resources, and leadership with winning ideas and vision to meet pressing needs and fulfill vital missions. Our mission is to provide financial assistance to those we select to support. An implied part of our mission is to discern effective organizations from the less effective. This does not mean that we only support older, well established organizations having proven track records. Our mix includes support for younger, more entrepreneurial organizations as well.
By contributing financial support, DEW Foundation joins hands with effective charitable organizations to meet human need and promote the common good worldwide, encouraging and empowering our family’s personal involvement.
- Contributes to ministries, health, relief, education, community service, welfare, and arts organizations.
- Primarily enables other organizations having vision and mission. However, it may also fund its own charitable projects using grants to other organizations such as community trusts.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- DEW contributes only to tax-exempt not-for-profit charities.
- Organizations that qualify as tax-exempt within the meaning of Internal Revenue Code Sections 170(c) or 170(c)(2)(B) are eligible to apply to the Foundation.
- Examples of these organizations/entities are school districts, libraries, and tribes.
- The Foundation will accept proposals from fiscal sponsors.
- DEW Foundation, as a rule, does not grant above 10% of your operating budget.
- DEW Foundation does fund operating expenses.
- DEW is, in most cases, interested in supporting your vision and mission more than imposing our opinion on how you meet these goals.
- DEW foundation:
- Seeks to encourage and empower personal charitable interest and involvement within our family.
- Charities which members of our immediate or extended family have hands-on involvement or desire to be involved, receive first priority.
- Is guided by Christian teachings in deciding right and wrong, good and better, but is not limited to support only religious based organizations.
- DEW does not generally respond to matching grant offers initiated by other individuals or organizations.
- Does not contribute toward normal church operation.
- Does not contribute to culturally liberal activist causes or to organizations that primarily seek to influence legislation or government spending.
- Does not contribute to political parties or associated political organizations.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the DEW Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.