Disney's Animal Kingdom Diversity Advancement Scholarship
Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA)Suggest an update
Deadline: Jul 30, 2020 8:59pm PDT
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: Environmental Education Environmental Conservation Wildlife Management Zoology
Applicant type: Working Professional
Funding uses: Scholarship, Training / Capacity Building
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Exclusive to minorities: YesView website Save
About this funder:
The purpose of the Diversity Advancement Scholarship is to provide support for training in an education or interpretation specialty at the AZA Professional Development Courses. The Association of Zoos and Aquariums recognizes the value of human diversity in all endeavors. Diversity is the inclusion of different physical, social and cultural identities among people in a defined employment or market setting, including along the dimensions of race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender, ability, preferred language, learning styles and work styles. As the composition of the country’s population changes, it is of particular importance to cultivate support for racial and ethnic diversity within AZA institutions and in programs that are responsive to the diverse communities those institutions serve.
As part of the AZA’s larger commitment to diversity, this scholarship is sponsored by Disney’s Animal Kingdom to provide support for professional training for members of an underrepresented group within the zoo and aquarium field. The scholarship may be applied to any of the following courses:
- Conservation Education: Effective Program Design.
- Conservation Education: Leadership for an Evolving Field.
- Creating Successful Exhibits.
- Managing for Success: Career Development.
- Managing for Success: Organizational Development.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Members of an underrepresented group who are employed in an AZA-accredited zoo or aquarium may apply.
- International members of AZA facilities are also welcome to apply.
- Applicant must be an AZA individual member.
- This scholarship is merit based.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member.
- An individual cannot be awarded the same scholarship more than once.
- An individual is not eligible to receive any AZA scholarship more frequently than every three years.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”