Donaghue Foundation: Another Look Grant
Patrick and Catherine Weldon Donaghue Medical Research Foundation
Grant amount: Approximately US $125,000
Next anticipated deadline: Feb 5, 2019 1:00pm PST (Letter of inquiry)
Later anticipated deadlines: Apr 16, 2019 2:00pm PDT (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Doctor Postdoctoral Researcher Research Scientist Faculty
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United States
Degree requirements: Applicants must have a completed PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
This program provides funding for health-related research projects that can improve the quality of care and the quality of life for the elderly population in nursing homes or other care facilities. Specifically, this program invites researchers to address a particular problem affecting the elderly in care facilities with data that already exists. New data collection will not be allowed in this program.
This year, the Foundation welcomes all topics related to improving the health of elders in care facilities
but is particularly interested in receiving letters of intent on the following topics:
- The treatment of substance abuse and dependency or other mental health conditions other than delirium and dementia
- Healthcare decisions by conservators or guardians and their effects on residents of care facilities
- Interventions that improve oral health
- Interventions that reduce disparities in health status
Researchers applying for this grant must identify a stakeholder in the care delivery or policy arena with
whom they will either consult or collaborate and who is willing to work with the researcher to develop a research product that may be readily used to improve care or quality of life.
This year, the Foundation will invest approximately $750,000 in this grant program. Our goal is to award up to six two-year projects.
Your research idea will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- The description of the proposed dataset that you plan on using.
- The potential for creating knowledge that will lead to a near term impact on improving health.
- The role of the stakeholder in this research project.
- The significance of the research topic.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Who may apply
- This program is open to PhD (or equivalent) investigators at tax-exempt research institutions in the United States.
- In order to receive the award, the applicant must demonstrate how their research question is important to the stakeholder and propose a rigorous research design.
- Grantees may use this award to augment funding for a project already funded through another grant.
- New data collection will not be allowed in this program.
- Stakeholder organizations cannot be the applicant organization.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Donaghue Foundation: Another Look Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.