Donald C. and Laura M. Harrison Family Foundation Grant
Greater Cincinnati Foundation
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $15,000
Next anticipated deadline: May 1, 2019 (Letter of inquiry)
Later anticipated deadlines: Jul 1, 2019 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Research, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program, Capital Project
Location of project: Dearborn County, Indiana, Counties in Kentucky: Boone County, Campbell County, Kenton County, Counties in Ohio: Butler County, Clermont County, Hamilton County, Warren County Expand all
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Grants at GCF
The Greater Cincinnati Foundation manages a variety of grant programs to honor our donors' charitable intentions and help our community thrive.
GCF is able to make these grants because of the generosity of donors. These gifts are important to the community because they allow the Foundation the flexibility to meet changing community needs, now and in the future.
The Greater Cincinnati Foundation administers grants to address a wide range of community needs and issues. We award grants to qualified nonprofit 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations.
The Donald C. and Laura M. Harrison Family Foundation
The Foundation was established in 2006 by Donald and Laura Harrison and their children in Cincinnati, Ohio. Laura Harrison is an active community volunteer involved in a broad group of activities. Dr. Harrison is a cardiologist, administrator, and business entrepreneur.
They have creatively funded programs and facilities at their respective colleges and have participated in supporting a number of local charitable organizations with educational missions for the underprivileged.
Mission of the Harrison Foundation
The Foundation seeks to improve opportunities and outcomes primarily for underprivileged students by funding educational scholarships, programs, and research, with a particular emphasis on seeding and supporting new programs.
Purpose of the Foundation
The Foundation’s primary initiative is to support the launch of new and innovative educational programs for primary, secondary, and adult education. Another emphasis is focused on funding programs for underprivileged children, youth, adults, and families, which will empower them to become productive and contributing citizens.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Programs to be funded will be located primarily in the Greater Cincinnati region:
- Hamilton, Butler, Clermont and Warren counties in Ohio; Boone, Campbell and Kenton counties in Kentucky; and Dearborn County in Indiana.
- Grant requests from other regions will be considered on a limited and selective basis.
- Applicants must have an IRS determination as a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization.
- Funding may be provided for capital items and operating expenses.
- Grants may be awarded for consecutive years, but a new proposal is generally required for the subsequent year.
- Initially grant sizes will be in a range of $5,000 to $15,000 per year.
- A representative of the Foundation may visit or meet with the applicant organization to discuss the applicant’s programs and needs.
- The Foundation has a preference for funding smaller, community-based organizations.
- The Foundation usually prefers to participate along with other donors in the support of a specific project.
- Programs that project sustainability after two years of funding by the Foundation and programs that have additional matching fund opportunity will receive higher priorities.
- Funding will not be provided for endowment or capital campaigns.
- No grants will be made to religious organizations for religious purposes.
- Grants will be considered to churches, schools or other faith-based organizations for community-focused programs and services.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Donald C. and Laura M. Harrison Family Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.