CFT: Apply to be in the Giving Guide
Communities Foundation of TexasSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building, Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program, Capital Project, Biomedical
Location of project: Counties in Texas: Collin County, Dallas County, Denton County, Rockwall County, Tarrant County
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Established in 1953, Communities Foundation of Texas (CFT) is a public charity that administers over 1,000 philanthropic funds established through gifts and bequests from donors in Dallas and across the state of Texas. CFT strives to help donors, nonprofits and other funders to stimulate creative solutions to key community challenges through both its programs and grantmaking. The most popular type of fund at CFT is the donor-advised fund. CFT donor-advised fund holders recommend grants from their funds after reviewing resources like the Giving Guide.
Each year, Communities Foundation of Texas reviews and evaluates hundreds of requests from local nonprofits to create the Giving Guide, which gives donors access to immediate opportunities to make a positive difference in our community.
We invite nonprofit organizations in the Dallas-Fort Worth area to submit a Giving Guide application summarizing your needs for our donors and the larger community. The Giving Guide is available online for anyone to consult when making decisions on how to support those creating an impact locally in North Texas.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Your organization must be a nonprofit with tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and not classified as a private foundation, and your organization must have had this status for at least two years.
- Your organization must be located in Dallas, Tarrant, Collin, Denton or Rockwall Counties, or at least 50% of the people your organization serves must live in one or more of these counties.
- Requested grant funds must not be:
- used for sectarian purposes, i.e., programs that require a particular religious doctrine
- used to fund or support political organizations or campaigns
- You must not be requesting funds on behalf of a specific individual
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the CFT: Apply to be in the Giving Guide by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.