Door County Community FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $2,500 - US $5,000
Next deadline: Apr 4, 2019 2:00pm PDT
Later deadlines: Jul 4, 2019 2:00pm PDT, Oct 3, 2019 2:00pm PDT, Jan 3, 2020 2:00pm PST
Applicant type: Nonprofit Government Entity College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Door County, Wisconsin
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Sustainability Grants provide the critical operational support for the charities that sustain our quality of life in Door County.
Sustainability grants help pay the salary of a case manager working with troubled teens, buy music stands for a local performing arts group, install piping to bring water to a community garden, and pay teachers to help with math and reading instruction during the summer.
Sustainability Grants are rarely glamorous and are usually not the big ideas that stir one’s soul. But this operational support is essential to the programs that sustain the parts of Door County that we love – and alleviate the challenges faced by working families because of the seasonal nature of our economy.
The Community Foundation offers Sustainability Grants because it has a fundamental belief that charities are essential part of our quality of life. Helping to support their operations is key to maintaining the parts of Door County that we love – and to alleviating the social issues arising from our unique seasonal economy.
Through the application for a Sustainability Grant, a non-profit organization might receive assistance from the Arts Fund, the Children & Youth Fund, the Education Fund, the Green Fund, the Health & Human Needs Fund, and/or the Historic Preservation Fund. There no longer are separate applications for each of these Discretionary Funds as there were in the past.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must be qualified public charities or units of government.
- Sustainability Grants provide the critical operational support for the charities that sustain our quality of life in Door County.
- The following do not qualify for a Sustainability Grant:
- Retiring debt or budget deficits
- Loans or re-granting programs
- Multi-year commitments (charities may reapply in future cycles for the same idea)
- Activities which advance a particular religious belief
- Individuals or groups that are not qualified public charities or units of government
- We generally do not make grants to pay for activities that occur prior to the awarding of a Sustainability Grant.
- Fundraising expenses, capital campaigns and grants to an endowment are generally not supported by Sustainability Grants unless the applicant can articulate special circumstances which make their request particularly important.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Sustainability Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.