Doris Day Animal Foundation Grant
Doris Day Animal FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $5,000
Next deadline: Mar 31, 2020 (Full proposal)
Later deadlines: Apr 30, 2020 (Letter of inquiry), Jun 30, 2020 (Full proposal), Jul 31, 2020 (Letter of inquiry), Sep 30, 2020 (Full proposal), Oct 30, 2020 (Letter of inquiry), Dec 31, 2020 (Full proposal), Jan 31, 2021 (Letter of inquiry)
Applicant type: Nonprofit College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
NOTE: Letters of introduction will be accepted only the first month of each quarter ('letter of inquiry' deadlines above). Immediately after that they will be reviewed and possible grant recipients will receive grant applications for completion. Grant decisions are made each quarter with deadlines on 'full proposal' deadlines above.
The Doris Day Animal Foundation funds nonprofit 501c3 organizations that need assistance in their work of caring for and protecting animals. Through our grants, scores of animal rescue and welfare organizations have received sustaining resources to continue their work, to offer additional services or to expand their reach to the animals who most critically need their help. A special focus for DDAF is on programs benefitting senior pets and the people who love them.
What programs does DDAF generally fund?
- Spay/neuter programs, special needs programs, senior care programs, medical expenses for senior animals, rescue and placement of senior animals, and pet food pantries.
- We have on occasion funded grants for therapy dogs in hospice situations, training of assistance dogs, wildlife rehabilitation, protective vests for police dogs, education programs, and even a scholarship in the field of veterinary medicine.
- Recently, we have been focused on assisting senior companion animals, but we are open to your suggestions.
- We are always interested in the many ways loving people around the country are helping animals.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must be incorporated as a 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization.
- Applicants can be based anywhere in the USA.
- DDAF allows organizations to apply for more than one grant.
- Generally, however, there must be at least a 12-month gap between grants.
- Individuals, non-U.S. charities, or for-profit organizations are ineligible.
- DDAF customarily does not fund capital projects.
- No more than two consecutive grants will be made.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Doris Day Animal Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.