Dorothy E. Ann Fund (D.E.A.F.)- Technology that Supports Literacy Mini-Grants
The Columbus FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $1,000
Deadline: Dec 15, 2019
Applicant type: Elementary / Secondary School
Funding uses: Capital Project, Project / Program
Location of project: Ohio
Location of residency: OhioView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Dorothy E. Ann Fund (D.E.A.F.)
The Dorothy E. Ann Fund (D.E.A.F.) was created in March 1997 to address the needs of deaf and hard-of-hearing youth. A comprehensive assessment of those needs indicated that community agencies, schools, professionals, and associations that work with this population do not always have the resources available to assist and support their clients and members.
This fund promotes hands-on experiences where youth who are deaf or hard of hearing can develop skills and values necessary for successful careers, including leadership training, goal setting, self-esteem building, and interpersonal and communication skills, thereby enhancing participation in their education, family, and community.
Technology that Supports Literacy Mini-Grants
Focus: A school administrator applies for a grant on behalf of teachers of children who are deaf or hard of hearing. Each teacher is eligible to apply for up to $1,000 per year to purchase technology.
Each teacher may request up to $1,000; there is no maximum grant size per total administrator request.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To qualify for the TSL grant, the grant application must meet the following criteria:
- An administrator must compile all requests from his/her teachers into one application.
- Each teacher requesting funds must complete a supplementary application to be attached to the administrator application.
- A teacher who is certified in the State of Ohio must coordinate each project, and must have at least one student who is deaf or hard-of-hearing.
- Quotes for technological equipment from a reputable technology dealer must be included with the application.
- The grant will pay for items such as:
- Pertinent accessories and/or peripherals
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Dorothy E. Ann Fund (D.E.A.F.)- Technology that Supports Literacy Mini-Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.