Dorrance Family Foundation: Conservation Program
Dorrance Family Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $500,000
Next anticipated deadline: Jul 17, 2019 8:00pm PDT (Letter of inquiry)
Later anticipated deadlines: Oct 4, 2019 3:00pm PDT (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Research, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Hawaii County, Hawaii
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The mission of The Dorrance Family Foundation is to improve the quality of life in the community by supporting education and natural resource conservation. The Foundation does this through scholarships, grants and volunteer service.
Who We Are and How We Work
The Dorrance Family Foundation supports projects that work to resolve societal, educational and environmental problems strategically and make our communities a better place. We accept grant proposals only for charitable, education, or scientific purposes from tax-exempt, 501(c)(3) organizations in Arizona, California and the Island of Hawai’i.
To provide program support for innovative, high-performing non-profits demonstrating effectiveness and expertise in natural resource conservation through preserving, protecting, restoring and fostering sustainable management of marine, land and fresh water ecosystems and biodiversity for future generations in the Island of Hawai’i.
- Island of Hawai’i
Applicants are strongly encouraged to request only the specific amount needed to adequately fund their effort and proposed needs. The Dorrance Family Foundation will fund the final selected grantees based on their requests up to the provided limit and based on the number of final applicants (see below). Grant requests must not exceed 30% of the organization’s annual budget. Grants will be considered for up to one year of funding. More than one grant may be awarded. Combined total grants awarded will not exceed $500,000.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Must be a public charity and have had tax-exempt 501(c)3 status for a minimum of 3 years.
- Must be based in the USA and provide services for the Island of Hawai’i.
- Only one grant application per organization and per state will be accepted.
- Organizations with multiple branches or chapters may only submit one application for their organization in each state.
- Organizations with current grant awards must complete and provide an interim progress report on that grant
- If you are the supporting organization for another entity you must clearly specify whether you are requesting funding for your organization or for the organization you support, and your responses to the questions must reflect the organization for which you are requesting funding
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to request only the specific amount needed to adequately fund their effort and proposed needs.
- Grants MAY NOT be used for the following:
- Benefit of specific individuals
- Capital campaigns with the exception of capital needs that significantly and measurably improve program effectiveness and impact
- General operating (overhead and other administrative costs are acceptable as they relate to the program and project for which funding is being requested)
- Re-granting to other organizations or individuals
- Activities that promote religious beliefs
- Lobbying – IRS-defined lobbying activities are prohibited by federal law
- Partisan research and analysis, and non-permissible policy-related activities
- Government agencies and universities are not eligible to apply directly.
- Programs and projects that include integration, partnership and collaboration with state and federal management agencies and universities are acceptable.
- Requests for multi-year funding commitments are not eligible.
- Start-ups are not eligible.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Dorrance Family Foundation: Conservation Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.