Dow Corning Foundation Grant Funds
Dow Corning Foundation
Grant amount: US $25,000 - US $75,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Michigan
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Established in 1981, the Dow Corning Foundation is an endowed fund supported by contributions from Dow Corning Corporation and Hemlock Semiconductor Group.
- Improve scientific literacy by increasing access to science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education at the pre-university level.
- Improve vitality and quality of life in communities where our employees work and live.
- Increase awareness and use of innovative technologies designed to make our world more sustainable.
The Dow Corning Foundation is a Michigan not-for-profit corporation registered with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)(3) Private Foundation.
The Dow Corning Foundation considers grant requests from nonprofit organizations and educational institutions. Average grant size is $25,000 to $75,000.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grant requests must meet the following general criteria:
- Projects must benefit the U.S. communities in which our employees live and work.
- Projects must align with one or more of our three mission areas – community vitality, education and/or sustainability. See examples.
- The impact, measurability and sustainability of the project are considered during the evaluation process; however, innovative pilot projects may be funded as well.
- What the Dow Corning Foundation does not fund
- Conferences, group travel costs or dinners
- Fundraising events
- Projects normally funded by government taxation
- Scholarship support
- Research grants
- International grants
- For-profit businesses
- Personal needs
- Athletic leagues
- Projects in geographic areas where Dow Corning Corporation and Hemlock Semiconductor Group do not have a presence
- Veterans’ or political groups
- Religious groups for sectarian purposes
- Groups or organizations that do not meet or comply with our Business Code of Ethics
- If you qualify for both the Dow Corning Foundation and the Donor Advised Funds: Please do not apply to both for funding.
- The Dow Corning Foundation and the Donor Advised Funds will refer grant requests to one other, when applicable.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Dow Corning Foundation Grant Funds by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.