DowGives – Delaware Valley
Dow Chemical CompanySuggest an update
Grant amount: US $10,000
Next anticipated deadline: May 15, 2020
Later anticipated deadlines: Sep 30, 2020
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Pennsylvania: Bucks County, Montgomery County
Location of residency: Counties in Pennsylvania: Bucks County, Montgomery CountyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
NOTE: Organizations who have never applied before should contact the Dow with the following information: non-profit name, non-profit tax ID, first/last name and email address of the individual who will be completing the application.
Engaging for Impact
Dow’s commitment to improving the quality of life in the communities we serve both globally, as well as locally in the Delaware Valley, is one that spans more than 100 years.
Embracing Dow’s 2025 Sustainability Goals, the Company’s community investments continue to go narrower and deeper, focusing on two commitment areas – Workforce Solutions and Community Solutions.
As a Company, we have set ambitious goals to develop breakthrough product innovations, positively impact the lives of 1 billion people, and applying a business decision process that values nature. We intend to reach our goals not only through financial investments, but through employee volunteerism and courageous collaborations focused on long-term impact.
Dow’s Engaging Communities for Impact Grants are $10,000, and designed to support strategic programs built on community collaboration and volunteer engagement.
Commitment and Priority Areas
Dow looks to support programs that can demonstrate an identified community need based on the following areas:
- Educator Empowerment – Build STEM teaching skills, create leadership and career development programs, and involve students in hands-on activities.
- Classroom to Career – Ignite interest and enhance preparedness for students in STEM fields through events, projects and competitions that lead to STEM career decisions; develop skilled trades programs, and promote a variety of workforce opportunities.
- Community Well-being – Enable economic development, sustainability and education leading to socially healthy and resilient communities while also encouraging self-sufficiency.
All proposals should align to Dow’s commitment and priority areas, and embrace community collaboration and significant employee volunteer engagement.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Communities we support:
- Organizations who serve and are based in communities where Dow employees live and work, including:
- Bristol, PA
- Collegeville, PA
- Spring House, PA
- Applicants must adhere to the company’s non-discrimination policy and be a charitable or non-profit organization with a 501(c)3 designation or eligible government or school with required tax documentation.
- Note – faith-based organizations may qualify, provided their proposed project is for the benefit of the community as a whole rather than just the members of the congregation.
- Organizations who serve and are based in communities where Dow employees live and work.
- Examples of charitable organizations and/or activities that would not qualify for funding include:
- Proposals submitted by for-profit businesses, religious organizations for the sole benefit of the organization, individual sports teams, political organizations or candidates, labor unions, homeowners' associations, or individuals.
- Operating expenses, personal computers, travel expenses, conferences, advertising, fundraising events, walks or runs, giveaways or prizes, individual scholarships, dues and memberships, lobbying expenses or capital campaigns.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the DowGives – Delaware Valley by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.