Dr. Karl C. Ivarson Agricultural Scholarship
Agricultural Institute of Canada (AIC)
Grant amount: C $10,000 - C $16,900
Anticipated deadline: Nov 3, 2018 8:59pm PDT
Applicant type: Graduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: Canada
Location of residency: Canada
Location of citizenship: CanadaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
This scholarship was created by Dr. Karl C. Ivarson through a bequest to the Agricultural Institute of Canada Foundation. In establishing this award, Dr. Ivarson wished to support students from his home province of Alberta in their pursuit of studies in agricultural sciences. The first scholarships were awarded in 2013.
CFFAE invites applications for the Karl C. Ivarson Agricultural Scholarship for 2017. This scholarship is open to agricultural science students from the province of Alberta. Students may be enrolled in any post-secondary institution within or outside the province of Alberta. In 2017, two awards will be granted: $10,000 for a Masters student and $16,900 for a PhD student.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Candidates must hold Canadian Citizenship or permanent resident status.
- Candidates must be registered full-time in a masters or doctorate program in the area of agriculture or related discipline.
- Candidates must be enrolled in their graduate program until at least one semester beyond the application deadline.
- Candidates must be from the province of Alberta by meeting at least one of the following criteria.
- An applicant with a permanent residence in Alberta, Canada for a minimum of 12 months prior to the application deadline.
- A student studying agriculture or a related discipline at an Alberta university.
- A graduate of an Alberta high school or post-secondary institution but studying at a non-Alberta institution.
- An applicant born in Alberta.
- Significant knowledge of and attachment to Alberta, as demonstrated through a series of short term residences including some primary or secondary schooling in Alberta.
- “From the province of Alberta” is a qualifying criterion for application and is not a scoring element in the selection of award recipients.
- No restrictions are placed on scholarship applicants holding other grants or awards or
receiving assistance or income from other sources.
- Previous recipients of this scholarship are not eligible for subsequent awards.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Dr. Karl C. Ivarson Agricultural Scholarship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.