Dr. P. Phillips Foundation Grant
Dr. P. Phillips FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $2,100,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Florida: Orange County, Osceola County
Location of residency: Counties in Florida: Orange County, Osceola CountyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Giving generously makes a difference. At Dr. Phillips Charities measuring the impact of our contributions helps us evaluate whether we are effectively honoring the Phillips’ family legacy of “helping others help themselves”.
Dr. Phillips Charities has invested more than $180 million in grants, pledges and program related investments to worthy nonprofit organizations. A significant portion of these dollars has been major gifts to construct facilities or launch significant programmatic initiatives, many of which preserve the Phillips family legacy by carrying the Dr. Phillips name in perpetuity.
The primary focus of Dr. Phillips Charities, comprised of The Dr. P. Phillips Foundation and Dr. Phillips Inc., is to respond to community needs in Orange and Osceola Counties. Funding for organizations outside of this geographic area will not be considered.
Areas of interest include:
- Educational Programs
- Children and Youth Services
- Cultural Programs
- Health or Rehabilitative Programs
- Social Services
Those organizations and projects that garner support reflect:
- Organizations that are well-managed as exhibited by a good track record over a period of years.
- Newly formed entities will not be funded until a time period has passed to show that the entity can give a clear picture of its abilities to carry our the purposes of the grant.
- Organizations that have a system of accountability in place to insure the funds are used for the intended purpose.
- Organizations that demonstrate appropriate resources and expertise to carry out the objectives of the grant.
- Projects that are innovative, efficient in their use of funds and meet a specific need.
- Projects that are well-planned in their approach to solving core problems and delivering services.
- Projects that promote better quality of life and a sense of community.
- Projects that require initial "seed money" enabling an organization to expand and continue after the initial funding is received/spent.
- Projects that seek to preserve the free enterprise system and protect private property rights.
- Projects that are designed to benefit, preserve and improve the community of Dr. Phillips, Florida.
Letters of Intent (LOI) may be submitted any time of the year.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants are made ONLY to organizations and institutions exempt from federal taxation under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 as amended.
- In addition, if the 501(c)(3) is a supporting organization, the Dr. Phillips Charities only consider requests if it is either a 509(a)(1) or 509(a)(2) supporting organization.
- Dr. Phillips Charities encourages requests from organizations that are both located in and provide services to the residents of Central Florida with Orange and Osceola Counties being the area of primary focus at this time.
- Contributions are also made to a limited number of national organizations whose missions reflect the mission and values of Dr. Phillips Charities.
- Grants for a particular project or program are made on a one-time-only basis. Pledges will generally not exceed a three-year period. Multiple requests in a twelve month period are not encouraged.
- Grants are generally not made for general operating costs. However, grants have been awarded to expand innovative programs and to serve more people or to continue effective programs for a limited time period (generally no more than six months) until ongoing funding can be stabilized.
- Grants are not made to 509(a)(3) supporting organizations.
- Grants are not made to an organization until the organization has completed five full years of operation from the date of receipt of its exemption determination letter from the Internal Revenue Service.
- Funding for organizations outside of our geographic area of focus will not be considered.
- Requests are not encouraged for endowments, research, trips or tours, scholarships, conference attendance, newsletters or other promotional materials, magazines or books, and television or video production. Requests for vans or other vehicles will not be considered.
- Dr. Phillips Charities DOES NOT make grants:
- to individuals or private foundations;
- to private schools for projects other than scholarships to increase total enrollment using a nationally accepted screening criteria to determine financial need;
- to projects of social, religious, fraternal or veterans groups that primarily benefit their own members or adherents;
- to retire accumulated debt; or,
- for legislative lobbying or other political purposes.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Dr. P. Phillips Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.