Dr. Pepper Snapple / Keep America Beautiful Park Recycling Bin Grant
Keep America Beautiful (KAB)
Grant amount: Unspecified amount in in-kind support
Anticipated deadline: Feb 16, 2019
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About the Grant
The Park Recycling Infrastructure Grant program supports efforts to expand recycling in local and regional parks, as well as related settings.
Research has shown that lack of convenient access to recycling bins is one of the main barriers preventing people from recycling. With people increasingly living active, “on-the-go” lifestyles, there is a greater need to offer recycling bins in parks and other away-from-home settings where they consume beverage containers and other items. Offering recycling opportunities in shared community spaces has the additional benefit of reinforcing recycling behavior across the board by making it a consistent habit wherever one finds themselves during their day.
Together, Dr Pepper Snapple Group and Keep America Beautiful are supporting local community efforts to expand recycling opportunities in a wide range of local, regional and state park settings. The Park Recycling Infrastructure Grant program provides recycling bins and technical support through an annual grant application process.
How It Works
Interested communities will complete an on-line application during a once a year, month long submission period. Applicants will describe their recycling program need, the setting where the bins would be placed, and designate their preferred style and number of bins requested from a menu of three bin types. Keep America Beautiful competitively selects grant recipients based on criteria described below. After all applicants have been notified, grant recipients will be contacted to complete an agreement and arrange for delivery of the bins. To further help local efforts, all applicants including those not awarded grant will have the opportunity to purchase additional recycling and / or matching trash bins of the same style through a limited time discounted price. Details about the discounted bin offering will be shared directly with applicants when they are notified of receiving or not receiving a grant.
How Proposals Are Evaluated
The grant program typically receives a large number of applications and as a result is very competitive. All applications are ranked based on the following criteria, with the top candidates selected to receive grants.
- Likelihood to recover large quantity of beverage containers There is a large quantity of recyclable beverage containers and a realistic plan to recover them in locations where bins would be placed.
- Planning and Organization Proposal is well thought out; Applicant has done their homework to get recycling program established and ensure it’s long term sustainability.
- Potential to spur / investment in public space recycling Examples that demonstrate this: plan to invest matching funds for additoinal recycling bins; Project intended as pilot to inform future expansion; Award will be used to attract separate grant funding, etc.
- Tracking performance metrics Presents detailed plan for how weights of recyclable materials will be tracked over time; Proposed system is likely to accurately measure quantities.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The grant program is open to all government agencies, non-profit partners and Keep America Beautiful affiliates that manage or directly support park locations.
- Eligible settings include neighborhood, urban, regional and state or national parks, as well as related facilities such as playgrounds, athletic fields and nature trails.
- For-profit businesses are not eligible to receive grants.
- Recycling bins will not be provided for streetscapes, businesses, schools or other locations not directly related to a park setting.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Dr. Pepper Snapple / Keep America Beautiful Park Recycling Bin Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.