Dunham Fund Grant
Dunham FundSuggest an update
Deadline: Oct 15, 2020
Grant amount: Up to US $100,000
Fields of work: Economic Services & Development Public Infrastructure Vocational & Trade Education Workforce Preparation & Job Readiness Education - Higher Education Education - K through 12 STEM Education Education - Preschool / Early Learning Community Development & Revitalization Show all
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Project / Program, Capital Project
Location of project: Counties in Illinois: DuPage County, Kane County, Kendall County
Location of residency: Preferred: Counties in Illinois: DuPage County, Kane County, Kendall County Other eligible locations: IllinoisView website Save
About this funder:
NOTE: If an organization’s request is $100,000 or less, an application may be submitted online. Applications are reviewed by the Board of Advisors and organizations will be notified of the status of their request within 30 days of submission date. Requests that are more than $100,000 , Please contact the Program Director for more information.
Established by John C. Dunham in 1996 . . . funded in 2007 in accordance with the provisions of Mr. Dunham’s trust . . . and nurtured during the intervening years by Mr. Dunham and a board of personally appointed advisors, the Dunham Fund honors Mr. Dunham’s life and philanthropy through grants to Aurora, Illinois area organizations that have the vision and programs to help fulfill Mr. Dunham’s dream of “making the world a more comfortable, safer place for mankind to live and prosper.”
The Dunham Fund seeks grant applications from organizations that — like Mr. Dunham — encourage innovation and collaboration in educational and community development programs and projects to effect positive change in the Dunham Fund service area.
The mission of the Dunham Fund is to honor the legacy of John C. Dunham. In that spirit, the Fund supports organizations that work to make the world a more comfortable, safer place for mankind to live and prosper, giving special consideration to Aurora area organizations engaged in providing education and to organizations engaged in assisting individuals to attain heights they may not have attained without the benefit of such assistance.
Dunham Fund Grants
Due to the unprecedented crisis that has impacted our community, the Dunham Fund is reacting quickly with an interim grant application designed to streamline our process and honor John C. Dunham’s vision for building a healthy, thriving community with our grantmaking.
Interim changes to our grant process include:
- Removal of Cycle 2 June 1, 2020 deadline.
- Suspension of Letter of Intent (LOI) requirement.
- Allow grants for less than $100,000 to be submitted online between now and October 15, 2020.
- Emphasis on applications addressing COVID-19 community support.
Through these efforts, we support requests for program, capital and general operating dollars — in the areas of Education and Community Development — that positively impact the Dunham Fund service area.
During this interim grant process, supporting local nonprofit organizations that are serving our community’s most vulnerable neighbors is priority. We will continue to consider grants that document a need within our service area, with an emphasis on those requests from organizations that are impacted directly by the COVID-19 crisis.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Organizations seeking Dunham Fund support must meet the following criteria:
- Be a tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code or have a fiscal sponsor that has a 501(c)(3) status.
- Engage in work that aligns with the Dunham Fund’s mission and priority areas.
- Provide services in the Dunham Fund service area.
- Preference is given to grant applicant organizations located in the Dunham Fund service area.
- Grant applicants outside the service area may also be considered if the project can demonstrate a significant impact within the Dunham Fund's service area.