Dunn Family Foundation Grant
Dunn Family Foundation
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $25,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Kentucky, Nevada, Tennessee, TexasView website Save Need help writing this grant?
It is the mission of the Dunn Family Foundation to support programs that utilize education to build a better society and employ innovative approaches to the use of testing and support materials for educational initiatives.
The work of the Dunn Family Foundation expresses the values of its founders, Lloyd and Leota M Dunn. They believed that education is prime a vehicle for the betterment of society. Their belief was that excellence in testing allows educational assets to be employed most efficiently and that professional materials support the teachers in their educational environment.
At this time, the Dunn Family Foundation has three main areas of interest:
- The development and implementation of educational testing materials for children and adults.
- The development and implementation of educational support materials for use by teachers in the education of society's children and adults.
- The innovative use of education to build a better society.
Types of Grants
Initial grants will be given for project funding only. After an initial grant is made, the Foundation may make general operating grants to continue supporting the organization.
Capital funding is available for projects connected to previous Foundation support only. The average grant size generally ranges from $5,000 to $25,000.
DFF Policy on F&A Costs
The Dunn Family Foundation recognizes that organizations often require Facilities and Administrative (F&A) costs (known as "indirect costs") be added to all grant requests. While we recognize that F&A costs are real, we work to focus our funding on direct costs and trust the sponsoring organizations will "keep the lights on" as part of their support for funded research.
Therefore, the Dunn Family Foundation will not fund F&A costs in excess of 15% of the funded direct costs of grants. Extraordinary circumstances when indirect costs exceed 15%, may be considered on a case by case basis.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Dunn Family Foundation provides grants to recognized 501(c)(3) organizations for projects within the Guidelines.
- Geographic Scope:
- Domestic: The Foundation currently funds programs of organizations that have offices in Kentucky, Nevada, Tennessee and Texas.
- International: The Foundation currently funds international programs through United States recognized 501(c)(3) organization with offices in Kentucky, Nevada, Tennessee and Texas.
- No endowment funds will be granted.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Dunn Family Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.