Community Needs Grant: Health and Human Services
DuPage FoundationSuggest an update
Anticipated deadline: Mar 6, 2021 3:00pm PST
Grant amount: Up to US $20,000
Fields of work: Health & Medicine Human & Social Services
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program
Location of project: DuPage County, Illinois
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
Through our Community Needs Grant Program, the DuPage Foundation supports programs and projects which improve and enrich the quality of life for DuPage County residents. Through two grant cycles each year, the Foundation accepts applications from local not-for-profit organizations serving the community. The Spring Grant cycle accepts applications in the following area:
- Health and Human Services
Grant Application Options
Applicants may apply for a Community Needs grant by submitting one of the following applications:
- Community Needs Mini-Grant Application - for requests up to $2,500.
- Community Needs Grant Application - for requests up to $20,000.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applications to the Community Needs Grant Program will be accepted from not-for-profit charitable organizations that:
- Are public charities classified as exempt from federal income taxes under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code; and
- Primarily serve DuPage County residents.
- Only one application per organization may be submitted within any calendar year.
- Applications may be submitted for existing or new projects, programs or operating purposes.
- Grants are awarded for a one-year period.
- In the Health & Human Services category, importance will be placed on organizations which deliver effective existing programs to assist underserved populations, offer new approaches to solving problems, or create opportunities for organizations to collaborate.
- The Foundation does not award grants from the Community Needs Grant Program to:
- Organizations which have received grants through the Community Needs or General Grant Program for the past three consecutive years
- Organizations which have operated as a 501(c)(3) for less than three years
- Support religious activities (secular activities provided by religious organizations may be eligible for grant funds)
- Disease-specific organizations
- Private foundations and private operating foundations
- Hospitals, including supporting foundations
- Historical societies and foundations for projects that do not have a broad reach beyond a specific community
- Food pantries for the purchase of food (equipment and other programs provided by food pantries are eligible for grant funds)
- Governmental agencies, including supporting foundations
- Public, parochial, private or charter schools (pre-k through 12th grade), including supporting foundations
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”