Durham Community Foundation
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Deadline: Jul 31, 2018
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Canada
Location of residency: CanadaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Durham Community Foundation recognizes that a vibrant and healthy community can only be built through collaborative efforts, innovative partnerships and a firm commitment to create opportunities for all citizens to enhance the quality of their lives and/or those of their family, friends and neighbours.
Granting builds upon the strengths and responds to the needs of our community. It is the most visible aspect of Durham Community Foundation’s work.
Durham Community Foundation (“the Foundation”) has as its goals:
- Arts and Culture: Fostering and supporting the growth and further development of arts and cultural activities.
- Capacity Building: Establishing strong base for community service, developing or enhancing organizational strategy, or building capacity in our non-profit sector, charitable sector and community.
- Education: Enhancing the quality and accessibility of lifelong learning and educational opportunities for all ages.
- Environment: Supporting and encouraging appreciation and understanding of the environment, and resolving or preventing environmental issues.
- Health: Promoting and advancing the physical and mental well-being of individuals and families.
- Social Development: Creating caring, safe and supportive environments for healthy social development of families and a variety of community-based groups.
- Youth Development: To support the healthy growth and development of young people.
Grants are to support projects and programs of organizations that qualify as charitable organizations under Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) guidelines, whose projects or programs directly benefit the citizens of the Community Foundation’s geographic area of interest.
Multiple grants to the same organization are acceptable, but not to be encouraged. Organizations who have received grants previously may re-apply provided all final reports have been received.. Recurring grants for the same program are acceptable, but not to be encouraged.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be eligible, the applicant must:
- Have a strong commitment to Durham Region in Ontario, Canada.
- Provide services which must benefit the citizens of Durham Region.
- Service must be delivered within the Region of Durham.
- Demonstrate fiscal responsibility and effective management.
- Have been operational for at least one year.
- Provide written confirmation of charitable status.
- Provide programs/services without discrimination because of race, colour, creed, gender, age, marital status or disability
- As per our policy, grants are to support projects and programs of organizations that qualify as charitable organizations under Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) guidelines and directly benefit the citizens of the Community Foundation’s geographic area of interest, specifically within the Region of Durham.
- Projects and/or programs we fund:
- Seed grants to initiate and encourage promising new projects and programs so that they can demonstrate their usefulness to the community.
- Benefit a wide audience within Durham Region and involve a substantial number of participants.
- Build on existing community strengths and assets.
- Present an innovative and creative approach to address community concerns.
- Promote cooperation and collaboration across organizations to eliminate duplication of services.
- Promote and build volunteer participation.
- Provide a direct service that benefits the community.
- Strive to have a lasting impact on our community.
- Strengthen the community’s capacity to care for itself.
- We don't fund:
- 100% of project costs.
- Campaigns of political or religious organizations that primarily serve their membership and/or their direct religious purposes.
- Endowment and annual fundraising drives, budget deficits, or debt reduction.
- Individuals or businesses.
- National fundraising efforts.
- Retroactive funding, or for any project expenses incurred prior to the Community Foundation's decision date.
- Sponsorships of fundraising/for-profit or recurring events.
- No grants will be made solely to individuals but can be made to educational institutions and other sponsoring recipient organizations for the benefit of certain individuals for such purposes as scholarships and special programs.
- No grants will be made specifically for sectarian religious purposes but can be made to religious organizations for general community programs
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the DCF Grantstream by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.