Dynamics of Coupled Natural and Human Systems (CNH)
National Science Foundation (NSF)
Grant amount: US $150,000 - US $1,800,000
Next deadline: Nov 20, 2018
Later deadlines: Nov 19, 2019, Nov 17, 2020, Nov 16, 2021, Nov 15, 2022, Nov 21, 2023, Nov 19, 2024, Nov 18, 2025, Nov 17, 2026, Nov 16, 2027, Nov 21, 2028
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Dynamics of Coupled Natural and Human Systems (CNH) Program supports interdisciplinary research that examines human and natural system processes and the complex interactions among human and natural systems at diverse scales.
Research projects to be supported by CNH must include analyses of four different components:
- The dynamics of a natural system
- The dynamics of a human system
- The processes through which the natural system affects the human system
- The processes through which the human system affects the natural system.
CNH also supports research coordination networks (CNH-RCNs) designed to facilitate activities that promote future research by broad research communities that will include all four components necessary for CNH funding.
CNH will support research projects in two different categories:
- CNH Large Research Projects
- Awards in this category provide two to five years of support for projects ranging in size from $500,000 to $1,800,000.
- CNH Small Research Projects
- Awards in this category provide two to five years of support for projects ranging in size from $150,000 to $500,000.
Large and small research projects are expected to differ in scope. For example, small projects may have fewer study sites or
personnel, may study systems with fewer key processes, or may require less time. Proposals for small projects are not expected to
compete with proposals for large projects; large and small projects will be evaluated independently. Note that both large and small
research projects must include research on all four of the CNH components, as previously described
We've imported the main document for this grant to give you an overview. You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Dynamics of Coupled Natural and Human Systems (CNH) by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.