Earl S. Tupper 3-Year Postdoctoral Fellowship
Smithsonian Institution (SI)Suggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $564,000
Deadline: Aug 15, 2020
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Fellowship
Location of project: Panama
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Must travel to: Panama
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within a few years of receiving their PhDView website Save
About this funder:
STRI’s most prestigious postdoctoral fellowship is awarded once a year to an outstanding candidate in one of the many research fields practiced at STRI. Successful candidate will conduct a three-year research program based at a STRI facility, typically in the lab of a staff scientist who serves as host or advisor on the project.
The Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute (STRI) invites applications for the Earl S. Tupper three-year postdoctoral fellowship. We strongly encourage applicants in disciplines including ecology, anthropology, paleontology, paleoecology, evolutionary biology, molecular phylogenetics, biogeography, animal behavior, neurobiology, soils sciences, and physiology of tropical plants and animals.
Research should be based at one of the STRI facilities; proposals that include comparative research in other tropical countries will be considered.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Research should be based at one of the STRI facilities.
- Proposals that include comparative research in other tropical countries will be considered.
- 3-Year Tupper Postdoctoral applicants can also submit a one-year SIFP fellowship. However, this needs to be a separate application submitted through SOLAA with a separate description and research schedule.
- Candidates must designate a staff member to serve as STRI host/advisor and two additional co-advisors who can review the proposal.
- Applicants should consult with the STRI scientific staff member who will serve as their host/advisor before submitting a final application.
- Awards are based upon merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age or condition of handicap of the applicant
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Earl S. Tupper 3-Year Postdoctoral Fellowship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.