Early Career Academic Grants
Association of Commonwealth UniversitiesSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to £2,000
Anticipated deadline: Mar 31, 2020
Applicant type: Faculty
Funding uses: Conference
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Antigua and Barbuda; Australia; Bahamas; Bangladesh; Barbados; Belize; Botswana; Brunei Darussalam; Cameroon; Canada; Cyprus; Dominica; Fiji; Ghana; Grenada; Guyana; Hong Kong; India; Jamaica; Kenya; Kiribati; Lesotho; Malawi; Malaysia; Maldives; Malta; Mauritius; Mozambique; Namibia; Nauru; New Zealand; Nigeria; Pakistan; Papua New Guinea; Rwanda; Saint Kitts And Nevis; Saint Lucia; Saint Vincent And The Grenadines; Samoa; Seychelles; Sierra Leone; Singapore; Solomon Islands; South Africa; Sri Lanka; Swaziland; Tanzania, United Republic of; Tonga; Trinidad and Tobago; Tuvalu; Uganda; United Kingdom; Vanuatu; Zambia; Zimbabwe Show all
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within a few years of receiving their PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Early Career Academic Grants are open to early career academics employed by ACU member universities to enable them to participate in a conference held in a Commonwealth country other than their own.
Grants are intended to give the opportunity to participate in international conferences to early career academics without previous international experience.
The grant must be used to participate in a conference between 1 June 2018 and 31 December 2018. Applications to attend conferences outside these dates will not be successful.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- At the time of application, applicants must be employed in an academic (research and/or teaching) role by an ACU member institution.
- Applications are open to university staff who are less than ten years from the start of their employment in an academic role.
- Academic staff who have recently returned to work after a career break can also be considered: applicants to whom this criteria applies should make this clear in their application.
- Applicants must not have previously studied, worked or attended an academic conference outside their home region.
- Conference participation:
- The conference to be attended must be a recognised academic conference in a field relevant to the applicant’s area of expertise in a country other than the applicant’s country of employment.
- Grants can be used to cover travel and visa costs, conference fees, accommodation and subsistence.
- Applications will be strengthened by the applicant providing evidence of the submission/acceptance of a paper or poster, or other communication with the conference organisers.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Early Career Academic Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.