ECP Teaching Award
Entomological Society of America (ESA)Suggest an update
Deadline: Jun 1, 2021
Grant amount: US $1,000
Fields of work: Entomology
Applicant type: Faculty, Working Professional, Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within 5 years of receiving their PhDView website Save
About this funder:
Each year the Entomological Society of America, Certification Corporation, and the Entomological Foundation provide annual honors and awards to recognize scientists, educators, and students, who have distinguished themselves through their contributions to entomology.
This award is given to a student transition or early professional who excels in entomological education. This award was formerly known as the STEP Teaching Award.
The recipient will receive complimentary registration to the ESA Annual Meeting, $1,000 cash and an award plaque, and a runner-up will receive acknowledgement for Honorable Mention.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The nominee must be a current ESA Student Transition or Early Professional member.
- There is a maximum of two self-nominations allowed per year.
- Nominations can be made by anyone.
- The nominee must have no more than five years from earning their terminal degree (B.S., M.S. or Ph.D.) working within the field of entomology.
- The nominee may belong to any area of entomology, but must be practicing entomology.
- Any candidate nominated, but not selected, may be renominated no more than two times within the two-year period after his/her initial submission.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. The nominee must be a current ESA Student Transition or Early Professional member.