East Boston Savings Bank Charitable Foundation Grants
East Boston Savings Charitable FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $5,000
Anticipated deadline: Jul 31, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit Hospital / Clinic Elementary / Secondary School College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Location of project: Counties in Massachusetts: Essex County, Middlesex County, Norfolk County, Suffolk County
Location of residency: Counties in Massachusetts: Essex County, Middlesex County, Norfolk County, Suffolk CountyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The East Boston Savings Bank Charitable Foundation was established in 1998 by East Boston Savings Bank to provide funding to support charitable causes and community development activities within the communities of East Boston Savings Bank.
Since its inception, the Foundation has distributed over $6 million in funding to support many deserving charitable causes and community development activities. The Foundations make annual donations to 501(c)(3) organizations and other non-profit causes that help meet health and human service needs of the residents who reside in the markets we serve. We particularly focus on funding activities that support youth development, education and social services organizations.
East Boston Savings Bank believes strongly in giving back to our communities in the greater Boston area. Throughout the year EBSB provides charitable grants to non-profit organizations in the communities that are served by the bank. Through the Foundation, the Bank provides organizations the opportunity to secure funding for much needed programs.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Any organization applying to the East Boston Savings Bank Charitable Foundation must be a Massachusetts charitable entity.
- The Directors of the Foundation will focus their giving to organizations serving the residents of the Belmont, Boston, Cambridge, Danvers, East Boston, Everett, Lynn, Malden, Medford, Melrose, Peabody, Revere, Saugus, Somerville, Wakefield, Winthrop and other North Shore areas, if funds are available.
- An organization must have been determined tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and received a permanent or advance IRS Determination letter that describes the grantee as a publicly supported charity as defined in Sections 170 (b)(1)(A)(6) or (a)(2).
- Applications will be considered for specific additional programs and not to be part of operating income including salaries and stipends.
- Grants may be awarded to a 501(c)(3) organization for benefit of another organization awaiting its own tax-exempt status.
- No grants are awarded to individuals.
- The Directors of the Foundation will not consider a proposal from an organization previously funded in which the project or program for which the funds were granted has not been completed and a full report of the expenditures submitted.
- The Directors of the Foundation will not consider more than one application from an agency in the same calendar year, except for summer youth programs.
- No grants will be made to national organizations or “annual giving campaigns”.
- No grants will be made to city, town, state or federal agencies.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the East Boston Savings Bank Charitable Foundation Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.