ECCF Emergency Fund
Essex County Community Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $5,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Essex County, Massachusetts
Location of residency: Essex County, MassachusettsView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Essex County Community Foundation Emergency Grants offer assistance on a one-time basis to nonprofit organizations located within Essex County, MA. These selective, modest grants are based on critical need.
The Emergency Fund assists nonprofits with a short-term urgent funding need created by an unforeseen event(s) that has or will significantly interrupt essential services. Examples of unforeseen events include natural disasters, but are not limited to, (e.g. fire, flood, tornado, storm damage, loss of utilities) and emergency needs (e.g. phase-out costs associated with closing a program due to a sudden loss of funding, equipment failure, civil disturbance).
We support organizations that use all reasonable efforts to recruit, hire, train, promote and serve persons without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law, except where such status is a bona fide qualification for the service being provided and is related to the organization's mission.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Requests may be submitted at any time by Massachusetts 501(c)3 agencies located in and serving Essex County citizens.
- When reviewing Emergency Grant proposals we look for:
- Organizations that have the capacity to respond to the existing emergency, and present a sensible recovery plan along with a sound financial plan.
- Organizations and programs that meet a documented need of Essex County citizens.
- Generally, Emergency Fund Grants are not awarded:
- To 'bail out' agencies because of mismanagement or poor planning
- For budget shortfalls
- To assist individuals
- For costs associated with programs or services provided to citizens outside of Essex County
- For sectarian or religious purposes
- For political purposes
- To support ongoing program work
- To pay expenses that should have anticipated by that group.
- An agency may not receive Emergency Funds more than once in a five-year period.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the ECCF Emergency Fund by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.