ECT Small Grants
Ecological Continuity TrustSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to £2,000
Applicant type: Individuals
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: United Kingdom
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save
The Ecological Continuity Trust is a UK charity formed in 2008. Our aim is to support long-term experimental ecology and its application to conservation and sustainable land management. We support long-term experiments by providing much needed funds through our grants scheme and emergency repair funds. We have also established a network of key stakeholders that help champion LTEs and the valuable science they produce. Find out about our LTE User Group here.
Our vision is to develop a strategic network of long-term ecological experiments. This includes safeguarding existing high quality experiments and data, whilst also ensuring new facilities are planned for the long-term.
We provide funds of up to £2000 for research projects undertaken on LTEs that are currently on the ECT register. Funding can be used to cover the following costs:
- to facilitate extraordinary work such as supporting visiting scientists, students or public engagement;
- support for researchers to visit or to facilitate comparative studies between existing long-term ecological experiments;
- support for data curation activities, including database development and on-line archiving.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be eligible for an ECT grant, all specified activities must be undertaken on, or associated with, a long-term experiment (LTE) such as those that are currently on the ECT register.
- Please download a list of eligible sites here.
- Grants are provided to fund research and to cover travel costs associated with communicating scientific findings.
- The ECT also provides funds to undertake essential maintenance at LTEs, and to assist with data curation activities.
- Grant recipients must comply with the ECT Data Policy which is available here.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the ECT Small Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.