ECT Student Grants
Ecological Continuity TrustSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to £1,000
Applicant type: Graduate Student Undergraduate Student
Funding uses: Conference, Research
Location of project: United Kingdom
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Ecological Continuity Trust is a UK charity formed in 2008. Our aim is to support long-term experimental ecology and its application to conservation and sustainable land management. We support long-term experiments by providing much needed funds through our grants scheme and emergency repair funds. We have also established a network of key stakeholders that help champion LTEs and the valuable science they produce. Find out about our LTE User Group here.
Our vision is to develop a strategic network of long-term ecological experiments. This includes safeguarding existing high quality experiments and data, whilst also ensuring new facilities are planned for the long-term.
We provide funds of up to £2000 to support students undertaking undergraduate or postgraduate research projects at LTEs currently on the ECT register. Funds might be used for:
- consumables or specialist equipment required for the experimental research;
- travel and accommodation, enabling students to work on LTEs where no institutional funding exists;
- travel and accommodation, enabling students to present LTE research at conferences.
Student Grant applications require a personal reference provided by the project supervisor, to be submitted along with the grant application form.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be eligible for an ECT grant, all specified activities must be undertaken on, or associated with, a long-term experiment (LTE) such as those that are currently on the ECT register.
- Please download a list of eligible sites here.
- Grants are provided to fund research and to cover travel costs associated with communicating scientific findings.
- The ECT also provides funds to undertake essential maintenance at LTEs, and to assist with data curation activities.
- Grant recipients must comply with the ECT Data Policy which is available here.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the ECT Student Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.