ECT Student Grants
Ecological Continuity Trust
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Graduate Student Undergraduate Student
Funding uses: Conference, Research
Location of project: United Kingdom
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Ecological Continuity Trust is a UK charity formed in 2008. Our aim is to support long-term experimental ecology and its
application to conservation and sustainable land management.
By simulating environmental pressures such as climate change and management practices, long-term ecological experiments help us address important questions. Questions such as how, and how quickly species and ecosystems adapt to change.
Our vision is to develop a strategic network of long-term ecological experiments, with the continuity of support and management necessary to address the long-term nature of many ecological processes. This includes safeguarding existing high quality experiments and data, whilst also ensuring new facilities are planned for the long-term.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be eligible for this ECT grant:
- All work must be undertaken on a long-term experiment (LTE) such those that are currently on the ECT register, please click here for a list of eligible sites.
- Grants are provided to fund research on long-term experiments and to cover travel costs associated with communicating scientific findings.
- The ECT also provides funds to undertake essential, stop-gap maintenance at LTEs.
- Applicant should be a student undertaking an undergraduate or postgraduate research project at an existing long-term ecological experiment.
- Funds might be used for:
- Consumables or specialist equipment required for the experimental research
- Travel and subsistence expenses to enable work at the site where no university or similar student accommodation or funding exist
- Travel and subsistence for conference attendance of the student to present work undertaken at an existing long-term ecological experiment
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the ECT Student Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.