Economy & Environment Program
The Ivey FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to C $150,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program, Education / Outreach, Research
Location of project: Canada
Location of residency: CanadaView website Save
About this funder:
The Ivey Foundation is supporting the development of a shared vision for Canada that integrates the economy and the environment. We see the need to examine and understand the systemic changes required to bring about economic prosperity in tandem with environmental protection across the economy—Canadians, after all, are responsible for managing globally significant natural resources. We are doing this by convening experts across sectors to share their knowledge, and to communicate what Canada can look like as a more sustainable country. For example, the Foundation is supporting Canada’s Ecofiscal Commission to develop the evidence for practical policies that value the environment as core to economic success. The Commission brings together leading economists, business executives and related experts to make recommendations to all levels of government.
The Ecofiscal Commission and other Ivey Foundation grantees are communicating their research and recommendations broadly to the public, as well as to non-government and business organizations, to contribute to the shared vision of an integrated economy and environment for a prosperous Canada.
MissionTo help create a shared vision for Canada’s future—one that integrates economy and environment, achieves resource efficiency, and fosters innovation and investment for a smarter, sustainable economy.
- Paint a compelling, credible vision for a sustainable low carbon economy through collaboration and convening.
- Build a roadmap to this vision by supporting knowledge, research, analysis and measurement tools.
- Engage and support champions and new collaborative networks to be messengers.
- Communicate widely and promote positive solutions and success stories.
The Ivey Foundation recognizes that to achieve the four objectives described above we need to better understand how to communicate with and engage Canadians in a way that is positive, meaningful, and relevant to our future aspirations for economic and environmental progress. The Ivey Foundation will therefore support research and collaboration that fosters wide public and business engagement around what a sustainable economy might look like, turning the “why” of a transition into a well-accepted “how” of transition.
The Ivey Foundation is seeking opportunities to work with effective Canadian organizations interested in these ideas and willing to work collaboratively on pragmatic solutions.
Read the full details of the Economy and Environment Program Framework.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- All proposals must be from a registered Canadian charitable organization.
- The following activities will generally not be supported:
- Projects that do not have clear, well-developed collaboration strategies and communication plans.
- Community and/or local scale projects not connected to a broader initiative.
- Clean technology start-ups or demonstration projects that don’t lead to widespread public benefit.
- Students, graduate research, bursaries or university research assistantships.
- Education or curriculum development.
- Film, video or web-based media not connected to specific Foundation program activities.
- Capital campaigns, endowments, buildings or deficit financing.
- Projects or organizations outside of Canada.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Economy & Environment Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.