ECTS Graduate Student Fellowships (ECTS-GS)
Organization for Tropical Studies
Grant amount: Up to US $6,230
Next anticipated deadline: Oct 1, 2018
Later anticipated deadlines: Mar 1, 2019
Applicant type: Graduate Student
Funding uses: Research, Fellowship
Location of project: Costa Rica
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Organization for Tropical Studies (OTS) is a nonprofit consortium of over 50 universities and research institutions in the United States, Costa Rica, Peru, Mexico, South Africa, and Australia. Founded in 1963, OTS has a mission to provide leadership in education, research and the responsible use of natural resources in the tropics.
The graduate courses are accredited through the University of Costa Rica. The credits count as graduate level semester credits and are transferable to OTS member institutions as well as non-member institutions.
The ECTS-GS support initial work for graduate theses focused within an ECTS theme conducted at one of OTS research stations.
Awards are intended to assist thesis-related field research in tropical biology and similar fields.
- Pilot awards for exploratory research are available in amounts up to a maximum of $2,675 in 2017. This amount is intended to cover up to 25 days at OTS field stations plus $700 in airfare or other permissible expenses.
- Thesis research fellowships are available in amounts up to a maximum of $4,650 in 2017. This amount is intended to cover up to 50 days at OTS field stations plus $700 in airfare or other permissible expenses.
ECTS-GS Emerging Challenges in Tropical Science Graduate Student Fellowships which began in 2016, allow graduate students whose research fits within the three ECTS questions, to apply for up to 70 nights at OTS field stations plus $700 allowance for international travel or other permissible expenses. Maximum award is $6,230 in 2017. For details on this program please visit the ECTS page.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Any graduate student is invited to apply.
- Projects must be conducted at OTS research stations.
- Priority will be given to graduate students working on the long-term research programs or legacy datasets of the stations.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the ECTS Graduate Student Fellowships (ECTS-GS) by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.