Edgar A. Thurman Charitable Foundation for Children Grant
Edgar A. Thurman Charitable Foundation for ChildrenSuggest an update
Deadline: Feb 15, 2021
Grant amount: US $2,500 - US $10,000
Fields of work: Academic Success & Enrichment Education - K through 12 Children’s Health & Pediatrics Children With Disabilities Children’s Mental Health Child Welfare Services Youth Services Show all
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Capital Project, General Operating Expense, Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Preferred: Counties in Virginia: Bedford County, Botetourt County, Craig County, Franklin County, Montgomery County, Roanoke County, Roanoke city, Salem city Other eligible locations: Virginia
Location of residency: Preferred: Counties in Virginia: Bedford County, Botetourt County, Craig County, Franklin County, Montgomery County, Roanoke County, Roanoke city, Salem city Other eligible locations: VirginiaView website Save
About this funder:
About the Foundation & Guidelines
The Edgar A. Thurman Charitable Foundation for Children (“Foundation”) was created pursuant to the Last Will and Testament of Edgar A. Thurman. The Foundation was established to support the care, feeding, clothing, shelter, welfare, training, education, health and comfort of needy and necessitous children in the Commonwealth of Virginia, with an emphasis on those needy and necessitous children from Western Virginia and the Roanoke Valley.
SunTrust Bank is the sole Trustee of the Foundation.
Types of Support:
- Program Support
- General Operating
- Capital Support
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Geographic Focus:
- Grants are made to eligible 501(c)(3) public charitable organizations operating or serving needy and necessitous children in the Commonwealth of Virginia with an emphasis on those serving western Virginia and the Roanoke Valley.
- General eligibility requirements of all organizations include:
- Must be a 501(c)(3) public charity with a current tax exemption status.
- Must have a specific program which carries out the purpose and intent of the Foundation.
- Must have defined criteria using economic standards to determine needy and necessitous category of children.
- If a prior recipient of a grant from the Foundation, must have complied with all conditions and requirements related to the grant.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”