Edmund T. and Eleanor Quick Foundation Grants
The Edmund T. and Eleanor Quick Foundation
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Next anticipated deadline: Sep 15, 2018
Later anticipated deadlines: Apr 15, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program, Capital Project
Location of project: Colorado
Location of residency: ColoradoView website Save Need help writing this grant?
- basic needs organizations,
- youth programs (not including sports teams),
- religious organizations,
- domestic violence programs,
- historic preservation,
- early childhood,
- women oriented programs,
- animal shelters and
- veterans programs.
The Foundation has a target of making 30% of grants in rural Colorado and no more than 70% of grants in the Front Range urban corridor.
Past grants have included historic preservation, education, elder care and services, religious organizations, music education, public recreation facilities, and animal care - all important themes in the Quick Foundation's existence.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Foundation will make grants to organizations recognized as exempt under I.R.C. Section 501(c)(3).
- Grants for operating funds will ordinarily be considered only for operations of specifically described programs or projects, and ordinarily will be considered only as pilot or demonstration funding on a temporary basis.
- The Foundation will make grants only when the proceeds of such grants will be used within the territorial limits of the State of Colorado and for the benefit of the People of the State of Colorado
- As a small private foundation, the Quick Foundation generally prefers to make grants to smaller organizations where such grant making activity will have an impact.
- One-time grants are preferred over annual or periodic grants, unless for a single identified project or purpose.
- Grants for religious, educational, conservation, public recreation and/or historic preservation purposes are favored over grants for other purposes.
- The Foundation prefers grant recipients, organizations, or projects resulting in recognition or memorialization of Mr. and Mrs. Quick and/or the Quick Foundation.
- The Foundation does not make grants for fund raising events, direct payments to individuals, for the purchase of tickets to an event, or to conduit organizations.
- The Foundation will not make grants to organizations which, in policy or practice, unfairly discriminate by sex, race, national origin, or creed.
- The Foundation will not make grants for the purchase of tickets to any event or function.
- The Foundation will not make grants to individual scholarships or to scholarship funds not associated with, and administered by, recognized and established educational institutions.
- The Foundation will not make grants to conduit organizations (i.e., exempt organizations which pass on funds to another organization not exempt in its own right).
- The Foundation will not generally make grants for support of special benefit programs, fund-raising efforts, special appearances by groups or individuals, or for parties, etc.
- The Foundation will not make grants to support research or evaluation projects.
- The Foundation will not make grants for the construction of statues, memorials, etc.
- The Foundation will not make grants to cover deficits, or for placements in escrow or endowment funds.
- The Foundation will not ordinarily favor making grants for the sponsorship of films or other media projects.
- The Foundation will not make grants to projects involving court actions.
- The Foundation will not make grants to retire debt.
- The Foundation will not during the same calendar year, reconsider grant proposals which have previously been denied.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Edmund T. and Eleanor Quick Foundation Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.