Edyth Bush Charitable Foundation Grant
Edyth Bush Charitable FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $50,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Counties in Florida: Lake County, Orange County, Osceola County, Seminole County
Location of residency: Counties in Florida: Lake County, Orange County, Osceola County, Seminole CountyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Based on policy resolutions adopted by Edyth Bush (Mrs. Archibald G. Bush), our Founder, while she was still alive, this Foundation is operated exclusively for charitable, religious, literary, and other exempt purposes. "Special consideration will be given to distributions and grants to charitable, religious and educational organizations which are organized and operated to help underprivileged or needy people to improve themselves, or to relieve human suffering..."
As a practical matter, we have made grants for challenge and development purposes, construction and renovation, equipment and expansion of functions, pilot projects and seed start-up of new programs, and study or planning grants to determine feasibility and market. We also have made emergency grants, emergency and other Program-Related Investment Loans. Over 50% of our grants are on a challenge or match basis, either "pay-as-matched" or "all-or-nothing."
Typically, grants range from $5,000 to $50,000. Many of our larger grants are on a challenge match basis.
The Foundation has broad interests in human service, education, health care and a limited interest in the arts. The Foundation has elected to focus these interests by concentrating on certain priorities within the particular field. This focus is more clearly defined by the Foundation's Grant Policy Limitations.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Foundation welcomes grant requests from otherwise eligible tax-exempt organizations under Internal Revenue Code Sections 501(c)(3) and Section 509(a) headquartered within the Orlando MSA of Orange, Seminole, Osceola and Lake Counties, Florida.
- In addition to the Orlando MSA geographic limitation, the Foundation will ordinarily deny grant requests (as adopted by our Board of Directors):
- From chiefly tax-supported institutions, or their 'support' foundations (more than 50% government funding of the operations or project indicates 'chiefly tax-supported') or to continue dropped or discontinued government funded programs or projects until at least one (1) year or more of 51% private funding has been completed successfully;
- For individual scholarships or for individual research grants even if through an exempt or otherwise qualified educational organization;
- For alcoholism or drug abuse programs or facilities;
- For routine operating expenses;
- To pay off deficits or pre-existing debt;
- For foreign organizations or for foreign expenditure.
- For this purpose 'foreign' means outside the United States, or its territories and possessions, whether the organization itself is U.S. based or foreign based;
- For travel projects or fellowships;
- For chiefly church, sacramental, denominational or inter-denominational purposes, except outreach projects for elderly, indigents, needy, youth, or homeless regardless of belief, race, color, creed, or sex;
- For endowment funds or other purely revenue generating funds;
- Advocacy organizations or advocacy component funding;
- For cultural or arts organizations unless their collections, exhibits, projects or performances are of demonstrated nationally recognized quality; or for the demonstrated educational value of children, K-12th grade.
- From organizations having receipts or revenues from memberships and/or contributions of less than $25,000 in the previous year, or from any organization whose Internal Revenue Code Section 509(a) 'publicly supported' status will need renewal in the next six (6) months."
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Edyth Bush Charitable Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.