EFINORD-SNS Networks Grant
European Forest Institute (EFINORD) & Nordic Forest Research (SNS)
Grant amount: kr100,000 - kr200,000
Anticipated deadline: Jun 1, 2019
Applicant type: Faculty Working Professional Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, Germany, Greenland, Iceland, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Poland, Russian Federation, Sweden, United Kingdom, Åland Islands Expand all
Location of residency: Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, Germany, Greenland, Iceland, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Poland, Russian Federation, Sweden, United Kingdom, Åland Islands Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
This joint network call is a part of the SNS-EFINORD cooperation since 2012. The aim of the collaboration is to establish better contact between the forest research communities in the Nordic, Baltic Sea and the North Atlantic regions. The link between the North European Region and EFI should be tightened and add a European dimensions into the well-established Nordic forest research co-operation.
To increase the Nordic – Baltic – North Atlantic synergies, an EFINORD – SNS network should assemble partners from three different Nordic countries and three other EFINORD countries.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Researchers at research institutions in the Nordic and other countries in the EFINORD area are eligible to apply.
- Nordic is defined here as Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden and the autonomous areas, Faroe Islands, Greenland, and Åland Islands.
- Other countries in the EFINORD area is defined here as Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, NW Russia, Poland, Northern Germany, Northern UK, Ireland.
- Applications must include research groups from at least three Nordic countries (or autonomous areas) AND three other EFINORD countries.
- One Nordic country can be
substituted by a Baltic country (Latvia, Lithuania, or Estonia).
- Communicators from forest research organisations can also apply.
- The funding should primarily be spent on networking activities such as travel and meeting costs, and related networking cost, e.g. costs of guest lecturers, printed material, database costs or website service costs (excl. hardware).
- Applicants are encouraged to:
- have PhD students and young researchers participating in the network
- build a network with an even gender distribution (aim: 40-60% gender balance)
- Funding is not granted to labour costs, or to
costs of board or other administrative meetings.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the EFINORD-SNS Networks Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.