EJAF Robert Key Memorial Fund
Elton John AIDS Foundation
Grant amount: Up to £10,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Botswana; Cameroon; China; Congo, The Democratic Republic Of The; Côte D'Ivoire; Ethiopia; Ghana; India; Indonesia; Kenya; Lesotho; Malawi; Mozambique; Myanmar; Nigeria; Russian Federation; South Africa; Tanzania, United Republic of; Thailand; Uganda; Ukraine; United Kingdom; Vietnam; Zambia; Zimbabwe Expand all
Location of residency: Botswana; Cameroon; China; Congo, The Democratic Republic Of The; Côte D'Ivoire; Ethiopia; Ghana; India; Indonesia; Kenya; Lesotho; Malawi; Mozambique; Myanmar; Nigeria; Russian Federation; South Africa; Tanzania, United Republic of; Thailand; Uganda; Ukraine; United Kingdom; Vietnam; Zambia; Zimbabwe Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Robert Key Memorial Fund
In memory of Robert Key MBE (1947-2009), who co-founded with Sir Elton the UK arm of the Elton John AIDS Foundation.
Robert was the first Executive Director of the Foundation. He had a personal mission to provide support to individuals who had no access to treatment or were shunned and shamed because of their links to HIV.
Robert’s compassion guided the Foundation’s work as it grew across the world and made sure that people who are living with HIV are at the centre of what we do.
After his untimely death, a Fund was established in his memory with the following features:
- It is open to organisations that can demonstrate an immediate, tangible benefit for individuals living with HIV.
- Applications will be considered for awards of up to £10,000 per year on a rolling basis and may be for single or multi-year programmes.
- They must operate in one of the Foundation’s programme countries.
Types of programmes we would consider under the Robert Key Memorial Fund are:
- Small scale interventions or projects working with People Living with HIV
- Projects that fight stigma and discrimination against People Living with HIV
- Immediate services such as urgent care or medical interventions for PLHIV
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Must operate in one of our p rogramme countries:
- Botswana, Cameroon, Cote D’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique,
Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, China, India, Indonesia, Myanmar, Thailand, Vietnam, Russian Federation, Ukraine and the United Kingdom.
- Applicants must be a registered charity/not-for-profit/NGO
- Must not exceed £10,000 per year
- Can be for 1 or 2 years in length
- Must provide an immediate and tangible benefit to People Living with HIV
- Proposals must be for a specific project and demonstrate a clear need for
- We do not fund salary costs solely (salary costs may however be included as part of the budget of an overall project)
- Types of programmes we would not support under the Robert Key Memorial Fund are:
- Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission (PMTCT)
- Awareness raising/prevention
- Behaviour change
- Programmes that re-grant or provide sub-grants to other organisations
- General running/operational costs for your organisation
- Research Projects
- We are not able to provide grants to individuals.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the EJAF Robert Key Memorial Fund by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.