Elizabeth Morse Genius Charitable Trust Grant
Elizabeth Morse Genius Charitable TrustSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $15,000 - US $2,785,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Cook County, Illinois
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Elizabeth Morse Genius Charitable Trust is a private foundation practicing values-based grantmaking.
- Tenet 1—Promoting “THISS:” promoting, instilling, and/or reflecting the values of individual and/or organizational thrift, humility, industry, self-sacrifice, and/or self-sufficiency.
- Tenet 2—Relieving Human Suffering: relieving human suffering by:
- performing research and/or promoting education regarding the treatment of disease;
- assisting youth who are from disadvantaged backgrounds, have troubled childhoods, have physical or mental disabilities, or experience emotional disorders;
- addressing the concerns of the elderly; and/or
- providing succor to humankind during time of natural or human-made disasters.
- Tenet 3—Developing Individual Self-Esteem and Dignity: developing within individuals, especially youth from underserved and/or under-resourced communities, a sense of self-esteem and dignity.
- Tenet 4—Encouraging Vigorous Athletic Activity: encouraging vigorous athletic activity, leading to physical health and/or spiritual well-being.
- Tenet 5—Developing Regional Solutions to Chicago’s Regional Challenges: developing regional solutions to Chicago’s regional challenges, thereby protecting and/or improving the quality of life for all its citizens.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Trust only makes grants to Internal Revenue Code (“the Code”) Section 501(c)(3) organizations that are described in Sections 170(c)(2), 509(a), 2055(a), and 2522(a);
- The Trust only makes grants to such foregoing organizations that primarily serve the residents of Chicago and Cook County, Illinois;
- The Trust’s geographic focus is Chicago and Cook County, Illinois.
- If an organization is located outside of this area, the Trust will still consider an application if the organization provides services to a significant number of persons who are residents of Chicago and Cook County, Illinois.
- The Trust does not fund individuals, endowments, capital campaigns, political activity, or private foundations as defined under Section 509(a) of the Code;
- While the Trust will support religious or sectarian organizations, the Trust will not fund programs of those organizations that proselytize or are sectarian in purpose;
- The Trust does not make grants to purchase tickets or tables at fundraising events, regardless of whether it has made past grants to the organization.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Elizabeth Morse Genius Charitable Trust Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.