Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Canada, United States
Location of residency: Canada, United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
We envision a world in which every pet has a lifelong, loving home.
PetSmart Charities® and PetSmart Charities® of Canada are nonprofit animal welfare organizations that save the lives of homeless pets. More than 400,000 dogs and cats find homes each year through our adoption program in all PetSmart® stores and our sponsored adoption events.
PetSmart Charities: Emergency Relief
We're here to help in the event of large scale natural disasters. In case of an emergency, funds are available to assist during the rescue, relief, and/or recovery stages for qualifying organizations seeking to assist companion pets impacted by the disaster.
PetSmart Charities is not able to provide support for man-made disasters, such as hoarding or cruelty cases.
Eligible grant application considerations:
- Organizations directly affected by large scale natural disaster that are unable to operationally function
- Organizations in the designated impacted area that are requested to respond by agencies having jurisdiction or the Emergency Operation Center/Emergency Management Center
- Organizations in the impacted area temporarily evacuating or relocating shelter pets to provide surge capacity for displaced owned pets
- Sheltering needs for designated shelters for owned pets and programs supporting their reunification
- Purchases for necessary immediate sheltering needs for up to 30 days (gas/lodging, kennels, crates, carriers, food, waste management, bowls, leads/leashes)
- Medical expenses to provide necessary vaccinations and immediate medical for impacted pets (could include S/N)
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- PetSmart Charities® funds:
- 501(c)(3) public charities in the U.S. with at least 1 full year of financial records.
- Registered charities in Canada with at least 1 full year of financial records.
- Cities or counties with animal care and control budgets
- Nonprofit educational institutions
- Tribal authorities.
- We do not fund:
- Private foundations
- Organizations outside the U.S. and Canada.
- Not eligible grant applications:
- Hoarding or animal cruelty seizures
- Self-deploying organizations
- Capital/rebuilding projects after disaster
- Organizations depopulating or pulling pets from shelters prior to disasters
- Individual pet parent requests to support food or medical care for individual pets
- Requests for infrastructure or vehicles over $100,000
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Emergency Relief by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.