PetSmart CharitiesSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program
Location of project: Canada, United States
Location of residency: Canada, United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
We envision a world in which every pet has a lifelong, loving home.
PetSmart Charities and PetSmart Charities of Canada are nonprofit animal welfare organizations that save the lives of homeless pets. More than 400,000 dogs and cats find homes each year through our adoption program in all PetSmart stores and our sponsored adoption events.
PetSmart Charities: Emergency Relief
Purpose of Category
We're here to help in the event of large-scale natural disasters in the United States and Canada. In case of an emergency, funds are available to assist during the direct rescue, relief, and/or recovery stages for qualifying organizations seeking to assist companion pets impacted by the disaster.
Grants to qualifying organizations during time of disaster can support:
- Purchases for necessary immediate sheltering needs for up to 30 days (gas/lodging, kennels, crates, carriers, food, waste management, bowls, leads/leashes)
- Medical expenses to provide required and/or necessary vaccinations and immediate medical care for impacted pets
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- PetSmart Charities funds:
- 501(c)(3) public charities in the U.S. with at least 1 full year of financial records.
- Registered charities in Canada with at least 1 full year of financial records.
- Cities or counties with animal care and control budgets
- Nonprofit educational institutions
- Tribal authorities.
- Eligible organizations include:
- American 501(c)(3) public charities and municipalities (City, County, State, Tribal) and Canadian registered charities and municipalities (City, County, State, Tribal, First Nations, Metis or Inuit entity).
- Organizations directly affected by large scale natural disaster that are unable to operationally function;
- Organizations in the designated impacted area that are requested to respond by agencies having jurisdiction or the Emergency Operation Center/Emergency Management Center;
- Organizations in the impacted area evacuating or relocating shelter pets to provide surge capacity for displaced owned pets as part of the disaster relief effort;
- Designated shelters for owned pets with programs supporting their family reunification.
- Requests not eligible for consideration:
- Capital/rebuilding projects after disaster
- Emergency Preparedness efforts or requests for infrastructure or vehicles
- Hoarding or animal cruelty seizures
- Incidents effecting personally owned property
- Self-deploying organizations (organizations not requested by the Agency Having Jurisdiction over the disaster response efforts)
- Organizations depopulating or pulling pets from shelters prior to disasters
- Pet parent requests to support food or medical care for individual pets
- Requests to support equine, livestock or wildlife;
- Private foundations, for-profit organizations, or organizations or programs that operate outside the U.S. and Canada.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Emergency Relief by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.