Emergency Response Fund: Coronavirus
The Columbus FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project: Franklin County, Ohio
Location of residency: Franklin County, OhioView website Save
About this funder:
NOTE: Applications may be submitted on a rolling basis. We anticipate accepting applications into the foreseeable future, as the impact to the community becomes better known. We understand the urgency amid the response to our community, and will be expeditious in our review and communication of a decision.
The Columbus Foundation’s Emergency Response Program has been activated to help Franklin County nonprofit organizations that are responding to the spread of COVID-19 and experiencing financial challenges by doing so.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Columbus Foundation is accepting applications from 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations in Franklin County that have been directly impacted by the Coronavirus.
- Applications may be submitted that detail and document unexpected loss of revenue and/or unexpected increases in expenses directly related to the Coronavirus. Foundation staff will expedite the review of such applications in an effort to aid in the community-wide response to Coronavirus in central Ohio.
- Potential financial awards from the Nonprofit Emergency Fund: Coronavirus will likely only serve to assist and supplement towards the total dollar amount realized—and should not be expected to supplant or replace in entirety.
- Requests for emergency funding addressing Coronavirus’ direct impact resulting in unexpected loss of revenue and/or unexpected increases in expenses should be specifically related to the organization’s mission, service delivery, and or core functions.
- We will be prioritizing health and human services organizations. As such, we are not likely to award additional grants through the Emergency Response Fund to arts organizations receiving general operating support from The Columbus Foundation’s 2020 arts grantmaking. While there is not a prohibition on arts organizations applying, consideration will be given to whether the applying organization already is receiving timely and generous support from the Foundation at this challenging time.